As a Senior Finance Business Partner you will guide decision makers to commercial outcomes which enable Diabetes UK to achieve our strategic aims. You will be responsible for shaping and delivering the business partnering function for our Engagement & Fundraising directorate, working collaboratively with an Assistant Business Partner who reports into you.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real contribution to the future success of Diabetes UK across our five-year strategy period, and will equip the right candidate with a broad range of experience and knowledge as they progress their career. We have a new cloud-based finance system which you will have the opportunity to develop and improve so it's the best it can be for you, the Finance team and our customers.
Interviews: 10-11 November 2021
Any face to face interviews will be taking place at Wells Lawrence House, London
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
You will provide expert support and advice to senior leaders, playing an integral role in their management team, presenting insightful analysis and management reports and providing leadership and advice on budget and forecast. You will pro-actively identify risks and opportunities, suggest actions and mitigations, and influence senior leaders to take these forward in the best interests of the charity. You will play a leading role in the development of forecasting models and KPIs for Engagement & Fundraising activities and income streams and become a trusted expert adviser.
You are a qualified accountant with a proactive, curious and thorough approach and experience working collaboratively in a business partnering environment, providing support and advice to stakeholders at all levels. You have excellent communication skills and are able to influence and confidently challenge others to make the best decisions for the organisation.
You have experience supporting engagement and fundraising teams with insightful financial analysis and fundraising models and an understanding of related key issues such as restricted funds. You work flexibly in a busy environment and manage conflicting demands by prioritising the most urgent needs of the organisation. It would be desirable for you to have some line management and coaching experience but this is not essential.