As Senior Philanthropy Manager, you will lead on securing and stewarding key relationships with philanthropists who are able to support our work at a significant level. You will grow our major donor base and develop and implement a sustainable strategy for philanthropy income growth that aligns closely to our organisational goals. Working closely with our Chief Executive and leadership team, you will develop new markets, launch new giving circles, grow our pool of donors giving £100k plus and steward a small group of senior volunteers who can help us grow our network of strategic philanthropists through peer to peer connections. Diabetes UK has a strong history of philanthropy, with a core group of 30+ committed major donors and a world leading research programme that has historically inspired philanthropists to support us at a significant level. We are now looking for a philanthropy specialist to build on this foundation and strengthen, innovate and take our philanthropy programme to the next level.
Interview Date(s): 17/18 December 2020
We would consider flexibility on where this role could be based
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
The philanthropy programme at Diabetes UK has grown in recent years, and we now have a wider range of major donors, supporting a wider range of work, than ever before. As the Senior Philanthropy Manager, you will lead the Philanthropy Manager and organisation to expand our network of donors beyond London and the South East and attract more high net worth individuals giving £100k+. Our leadership team understands the importance and potential of philanthropy to transform the work that we do, and with us commemorating the anniversary of 100 years of insulin next year, and aiming to cure and prevent diabetes through our new strategy, it is an exciting time to join Diabetes UK as our philanthropy lead.
As our Senior Philanthropy manager, you will be joining an established and well-resourced team. We understand that building a sustainable and strong philanthropy programme can take time, and your income targets will reflect this. You will benefit from excellent prospect research, you will collaborate with high performing corporate and trust teams, and have dedicated support to deliver prospecting and stewardship events. You will set and achieve realistic targets for sustained income growth and ensure that your team is resourced to deliver against these targets. Your leadership qualities, fundraising expertise, vision and relationship building skills will help us to capitalise on opportunity and realise our ambitions for the coming years.
- A philanthropy specialist whose experience may have been gained in charity or commercial sector, B2B, company CSR dept. or any other environment involved in brokering and developing relationships with high net worth individuals
- Advanced management and leadership skills and an ability to inspire and motivate teams
- Excellent relationship building skills, internally and externally
- Strong presentation and pitching skills
- Understanding of philanthropy trends, markets, tools and techniques
- Experience leading on or supporting special events
- Experience in budgeting, reporting and strategic planning