As a Senior Volunteer Development Lead, you will be responsible for leading the support and development of volunteering in the our North of England region.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
As a Senior Volunteer Development Lead, you will support the creation review and implementation of the volunteering development plans across the North of England region. You will develop and maintain effective internal relationships across Diabetes UK teams, taking the role as the 'Knowledgeable' Volunteering Manager, influencing, sharing and pooling ideas, information and resources, to ensure a collaborative approach to delivering the charities strategy. You will drive a targeted volunteer recruitment plan and ensure the volunteers' journey is clear, effective, and efficient from recruitment to exit. You will be responsible to nurture and develop internal and external partnerships that grow volunteer opportunities
As a Senior Volunteer Development Lead you will have knowledge and experience of facilitating, developing, and delivering training to a range of audiences, including volunteers, colleagues and healthcare professionals. Be able to demonstrate ability to build relationships to motivate and influence a wide range of audiences including paid colleagues, and volunteers, including experience of working across many teams within a multi-site organisation. You will work collaboratively with external community organisations to understand the needs of diverse groups and how volunteering may support them.