To improve child health, we need to transform the way we talk about one of our biggest public health challenges -obesity. This new strategic communications role, working within the Obesity Health Alliance (hosted by Diabetes UK) involves leading a programme of work to mobilise health charities and organisations to re-frame their communications about obesity. Working closely with the Frameworks Institute, the role will support OHA members and other health stakeholders to use a toolkit based on their research.
Flexible locations will be considered, but there will be regular travel to London required
The Obesity Health Alliance is hosted by Diabetes UK
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
- Develop a programme of work to embed the communications toolkit with OHA members and other relevant stakeholders including policy makers and parliamentarians. This will include briefings, workshops and development of materials.
- Develop a comprehensive evaluation framework with interim KPIs and long-term outcome measures and commission related research and monitoring.
- Working with stakeholders to identify opportunities for using the new messages and to overcome internal challenges.
- Develop a long-term programme of work to further develop the toolkit and embed the frames to bring about long-term change in stakeholder communications.
You will have significant experience working in a strategic communications or public affairs role preferably in a health focused organisation or agency.
- Excellent copy writing skills with the ability to flex writing style for range of media and ability to produce engaging presentations, news releases, articles, statements and briefings
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively identify opportunities.