Diabetes UK has an ambitious and exciting strategy () with a focus on improving outcomes for all people affected by and at risk of diabetes, making a difference to lives in the ways that matter most. To drive our new strategy, we have set up strategic programmes to make change happen to achieve these goals. We need strategically focused and impactful individuals to manage these programmes, with a focus in these areas:
- Better Care - ensuring that people with diabetes have access to the quality care they need to manage their diabetes well (1 role)
- Prevention and Remission of type 2 diabetes - ensuring fewer people develop or live with diabetes (up to 2 roles)
Please indicate on your application which programme you would like to be considered for.
Interviews: 12/13 October 2021
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
In these roles you will have significant strategic responsibility and will:
- Support senior leaders to develop, plan and co-ordinate a programme of work to drive strategic change in Diabetes UK and wider systems
- Engage and work collaboratively with colleagues across the charity to ensure delivery of the programme
- Ensure that the programme is effective and impactful through review and evaluation
- Contribute your critical thinking to continuous improvement in how Diabetes UK delivers its strategy to achieve outcomes
As well as strong programme management skills, you will have the ability to see the bigger picture and understand system change, the thinking skills to learn quickly and pick up new ideas, the personal impact to drive strategic change and the skills to build relationships and networks across our whole organisation to make sure we deliver our goals.
The ideal candidate for these roles will have experience of making change happen, ideally in health, social or local service delivery, as well as the strategic focus and excellent programme management experience to oversee multiple complex workstreams across the whole breadth of Diabetes UK.
Please note that all job offers are subject to you providing acceptable evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK. You might find the following resources useful:
- To view a full list of accepted documents and the checks employers are required to make
- To view guidance on proving your right to work to an employer
If you have any questions, please contact