Duration: 12-Months Fixed-Term Contract (maternity cover)
Hours: 35 hours p/w, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Based at: London (Limehouse), UK
Muslim Hands, an international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide is looking for a content editor and copy writer to join our growing comms team for 12 months maternity cover.
The successful candidate will play an integral role in creating engaging content across a range of platforms including our website, blog, print publications and press releases. You will be working closely with other members of the fundraising department to deliver compelling content for fundraising campaigns and donor feedback throughout the year. Based mainly in our East London office, you will also occasionally be required to travel to our Nottingham headquarters.
- This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the UK’s leading Muslim charities. Digital and web are critical to the growth of Muslim Hands both in raising awareness of our work and generating online donations (currently in excess of £5.5 million per year). Your role will be central in expanding this area and helping further the reach of Muslim Hands.
- Ensure a consistent brand and tone of voice across our written content.
- Work alongside others in the digital team, including graphic designers and video production specialists to produce engaging content for our network of websites.
- Plan the structure of online content to reflect our fundraising activities and the breadth / depth of our work.
- Create copy to maximise conversion rate, search engine optimisation, social media engagement and website content.
- Regularly produce new content by writing suitable copy, proofing, editing, and uploading onto a CMS.
- Continually monitor website content to ensure it remains accurate, updated and interesting.
- Research, collate and prepare project feedback for dissemination to donors, partner organisations and other channels.
- Liaise with different departments across the charity to keep abreast of the different activities the organisation is carrying out both in the UK and abroad.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- A track record of creative and varied output.
- Ease in adopting a writing style appropriate to the audience and subject matter.
- An exceptional level of attention to detail.
- 2+ years’ experience writing and producing digital content is desirable.
- Right to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.