Animals Asia is an international animal charity devoted to ending the barbaric practice of bear bile farming, and improving the welfare of animals in China and Vietnam. We are seeking a passionate and experienced Digital Marketing Executive to join our dynamic global fundraising team.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in delivering our exciting new digital strategy, will improve our digital acquisition efforts, and grow our unrestricted income with their skills and expertise.
As a credible expert in digital marketing and communications, you’ll understand how to engage online audiences and move them to action with compelling campaigns. You will have strong skills in copywriting, content creation, and a proven ability to spot a good story. Basic video editing and use of photo editing software are also a must.
Alongside driving and delivering income through digital campaigns, there will be an emphasis on donor acquisition. You’ll be agile in your approach to digital campaigns management, and able to adapt and tailor your approach to suit different target audiences based on real time insights. You’ll be comfortable juggling a number of different digital projects and prioritising your work.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate and driven self-starter that can bring knowledge and ideas to improve Animals Asia’s digital offering, and able to carry those ideas through to completion.
As part of our global team, you’ll be supporting a diverse range digital fundraising activities and ensuring that our new investment in digital fundraising succeeds – this is a both a challenging and exciting new role!
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Plan and manage our global digital marketing activity such a social media advertising, supporter emails and online fundraising appeals.
- Write engaging copy and develop compelling creative for fundraising campaigns, including video content.
- Manage and maintain the charity’s global adwords marketing accounts.
- Ensure that all digital campaigns are tracked and measured effectively.
- Analyse digital campaigns and make recommendations to continuously improve our growth and reach.
- Help maintain and improve Animals Asia’s website as required, and drive relevant high quality traffic through a range of digital marketing techniques.
- Build and maintain conversion driven donation pages to support income generation including A/B testing.
- Research and implement new and innovative ways of acquiring new donors and supporters using digital methods.
- Work with the Individual Giving team to understand the ‘tribe’ of new donors to effectively advise on conversions strategy for audiences recruited.
- Carry our competitor analysis to ensure we are current and innovative in our offerings, and ensure industry best practice is carried out on all marketing efforts.
- Work collaboratively with the fundraising and communications teams to ensure smooth and a cohesive approach to digital campaigns.
- At least 2 years proven experience of managing digital marketing activities or campaigns at an NGO, preferably with animal welfare experience.
- Excellent written communication skills, able to write compelling campaigns, paid advertisements and emails that engage digital audiences and drive income.
- An understanding of how to create a frictionless user experience and build landing pages that drive conversions.
- Practical experience of devising, creating, managing and reporting on paid digital advertising campaigns including on Facebook and Google Adwords.
- Demonstrable experience of creating engaging digital content using video and photo imaging.
- A creative thinker, able to spot opportunities and tell a great story in order to acquire new donors and supporters to the charity.
- Ability to problem solve and independently manage multiple digital projects.
- Experience working collaboratively across multiple departments.
- Bright, positive and enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and “can do” attitude.
- Experience with recognised fundraising software such as Engaging Networks or Campaignion is desirable.
Interested parties please forward your cover letter, full resume with your availability to join, present and expected salary to us (in Word or PDF format). Please quote the above position being applied for in the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Applicants who have not received a reply after six weeks from the date of the advertisement should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.