Do you enjoy driving? Would like to help people in your local community?
Meet some amazing people, whilst making a real difference to their lives by helping them to attend the activities that are important to them!
Activities will include:
- Driving the peoplem we support between their home and services in a safe manner, in accordance with UK law.
- Assisting them in and out of vehicles and locations – with assistance from trained Dimensions staff.
- Driving in a manner that is sensitive of physical and emotional requirements of the people we support.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a full, clean and current UK Driving License (or equivalent)
- Is aged 21 or over, with at least 2 years driving experience
- Has a road worthy vehicle, with up to date road tax and MOT
- Has the ability to understand verbal and written instructions in relation to journeys
- Is friendly with the people we support and our support staff
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Dimensions provides support for around 3,500 people with learning disabilities and autism across the UK.
We help people to live more independently and be involved in their local communities.
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.