Are you a fan of folk music? Do you enjoy going to local gigs?
A gentleman we support in Chippenham absolutely loves folk music and would love to have a volunteer buddy to share this passion with!
“Hi - I live in Chippenham and I am supported by Dimensions. I enjoy folk music and would love you to come to folk gigs and share this interest with me. I also enjoy meeting new people, especially at the pub!”
If you would like to make a difference and make a great friend along the way, we would love to hear from you!
Activities will include:
- Having regular phone or video calls with your buddy
- Enjoying folk music together
- Providing chat, company, friendship and fun
- Going to local gigs together, going for drinks at the pub, and socializing together in other local spots
Activities will NOT include: Personal care, medication or financial assistance.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Comfortable with using either phone or video calls (eg Teams, Zoom)
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Happy to chat about shared interests such as folk music
- Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism.
- Reliable and willing to commit to volunteer regularly (exact times/days can be agreed)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
How Dimensions is managing Covid-19
We confirm we have complied with the government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19. We would like to assure applicants and new starters that Dimensions is taking all possible steps to minimise risks to volunteers and colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic.
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.