Do you have a background in drama?
Would you like to help others get involved in performing arts?
If so, you might enjoying sharing your experience with a group of people we support to develop their skills and confidence in the arts!
Activities will include:
- Volunteering with our team to run drama sessions and activities
- Supporting in writing scripts and planning for upcoming shows (eg talent show)
- Participating in drama activities and engaging others to join in
- Helping to ensure everyone is having fun and getting the most from the sessions
- Activities will NOT include personal care or medication
We are looking for a volunteer who is:
- Confident with performing arts (drama, dancing, singing)
- Happy to engage others to get involved
- Calm, friendly and sociable
- Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism (experience desired, but not essential)
- Willing to commit to volunteer regularly (times and days can be discussed)
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Outreach 3Way (part of Dimensions UK) provides support for people with learning disabilities and autism in Sussex.
We help people them to live more independently and be involved in their local communities.
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer at Outreach 3Way, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.