The Church of England in The Diocese of Durham
We are looking for a dynamic leader to help us deliver our vision
We want to see God at work through the growth of His church, and to bless our communities, in particular their most vulnerable members.
Working closely with our Bishop and his Senior Team, you will be responsible for the effective operation and governance of the Diocese.
If you have the excellent financial, administration and people management skills we need to deliver our vision we would like to hear from you.
The Diocese is committed to seeing God at work through the growth of His church, blessing all of the communities contained within it.
The role of the Diocesan Secretary, as Chief Operating Officer, is to ensure that the mission, financial sustainability and the strategy of the Diocese, as determined by the Bishop with their staff, Bishop’s Council and Diocesan Synod are served by exemplary financial management, excellent administration and people management with effective governance.
The main formal areas of responsibility are:
- To be pro-active in the development and successful implementation of Diocesan policy and strategy.
- To be a member of the Bishop’s Leadership Team.
- To have accountability for financial strategy and planning.
- To effectively manage the Diocesan Central Administrative team.
- To oversee the Governance activities of the Diocese including being Secretary of the Diocesan Synod and Company Secretary for the Diocesan Board of Finance (DDBF) and related bodies.
- To represent the Diocese with key stakeholders.
For an informal conversation with the Vice-Chair of the Board of Finance, please make contact via Jo Dowsett in the Bishop of Durham's office.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.