This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who genuinely desires to contribute to education, training for ministry and the development of vocations, both lay and ordained. The Local Ministry Programme (LMP) needs a team player to work alongside colleagues in ‘formation for ministry’ through teaching and pastoral care of students.
You will enjoy:
- Working with students to develop their vocation to lay and ordained ministry
- Teaching, developing new course materials and marking set assignments
- Assisting students through the formational process for their three-year DipHE course
- Teaching BA level modules to ongoing learners
- Being part of a close-knit team that works creatively together to deliver ministry training to a varied group of students from around the diocese
The role is for 14 hours a week, requiring a flexible approach to a varied workload. You will be responsible for creating new resources and modifying existing ones, to continue the delivery of the LMP curriculum under Common Awards, validated by Durham University. The main teaching hub is on Monday evenings, at Christ’s College, Guildford; but attendance is also required at residential weekends from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon (two per annum), and three Saturday study days per annum. Currently some teaching is being delivered remotely due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Please note: This role carries an Occupational Requirement to be a practising Christian in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Follow the link through to our website..... Complete our application form including a supporting statement (no more than 2 sides of A4) detailing your reasons for applying, what you can bring to the role and how you meet its requirements. Please email this to the address at the bottom of the form.
See the application pack on our website for the full Job Description and Person Specification, and call Steve Summers, Principal of the LMP, for an informal discussion about the role (his contact details are aso in the pack)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.