We have a very exciting opportunity for a passionate individual who has a desire to further strengthen and develop the Church’s work within the Communities of Guildford Diocese. The successful candidate will focus on 3 areas of work: providing consultancy services to parishes in the area of social transformation, leading and facilitating vision days and supporting parishes in the formation of their Church Development Plans (CDPs), and finally representing Guildford Diocese within the most strategic of statutory, voluntary, community and faith sector bodies.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience of Community Development – building local partnerships (with statutory bodies and others) focussed around community need.
- Good understanding of the Church of England, and experience in church-based missional social action projects
- Representational experience leading to partnerships with local/regional government
- An organised individual who can build strong and long-lasting relationships both internally and externally, from a diverse range of backgrounds and traditions
Duties of the role include:
- To be accountable for developing and overseeing the provision of tools, consultancy services, social enterprise advice and signposting to resources that support parishes in developing their community engagement in line with needs identified through the PNP.
- To tender and manage grant-funded services and partnerships where these are currently offered and advise on the establishment of Social Enterprises.
- To facilitate and support the Parish Needs Process by ensuring that parish priorities are identified and reflected in a well-documented Church Development Plans (CDPs) that clearly articulate anticipated outcomes and the needs (resources and services) to support its implementation.
- To be a source of advice and best practice to churches who work with and help vulnerable adults.
We are seeking someone who can challenge, inspire and deliver in this area of specialism, but also a colleague who shares the passion and heart to make a difference in our communities.
Please note this role requires someone who can work 1 or 2 evenings a week, and one or 2 Saturdays a month. You would receive Time Off in Lieu in these instances.
For an informal discussion about this role, please do not hesitate to contact Lydia Rees, HR Consultant - full contact details are available in the application pack attached or by clicking through to our website.
Your application should consist of a completed Application Form and Supporting Statement (no more than two sides of A4) detailing your reasons for applying, what you can bring to the post and how you meet its requirements. This should be sent by email by 5th May 2021. Full etails are in the application pack and on our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.