We have a very exciting opportunity for a passionate individual who has a desire to further strengthen and develop the Church’s work in Guildford Diocese with and for young people. The successful candidate will provide consultancy advice and support to local church leadership teams as they seek to develop a safe, attractive and spiritually-enriching Youth ministry. The person we’re looking for will have:
- Extensive experience in working with young people, including working with schools
- Good understanding of the Church of England, its organisation, the networks that support Youth Ministry, and leadership of parishes.
- Experience of local Church Leadership, including training and supporting others in Youth Ministry.
- An organised individual who can build strong and long-lasting relationships both internally and externally, from a diverse range of backgrounds and traditions
Duties of the role include:
- To resource and support parishes in the mission of strategic church leadership and the embedding of Transforming Church, Transforming Lives.
- To facilitate and support the Parish Needs Process by ensuring that parish priorities are identified, reflected in a well-documented Church Development Plans (CDPs)
- To provide leadership in the specialism of Youth ministry for the diocese, and in response to identified needs, to provide consultancy services to parishes and deaneries
- To further the ‘Growing Faith’ agenda by ensuring the PNP routinely reviews and considers the opportunities for mission with and to children and young people
We are seeking someone who can challenge, inspire and deliver in this area of specialism, but also a colleague who shares the passion and heart to make a difference in our communities.
Please note this role requires someone who can work 1 or 2 evenings a week, and one or 2 Saturdays a month. You would receive Time Off in Lieu in these instances.
For an informal discussion about this role, please do not hesitate to contact Lydia Rees, HR Consultant - details in application pack.
Your application should consist of a completed application form and supporting statement (no more than two sides of A4) detailing your reasons for applying, what you can bring to the post and how you meet its requirements. This should be sent by email by 5th May 2021. Full details are in the application pack attached.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.