An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding, experienced finance professional who is values-driven and an inspirational leader to contribute at a senior level in the life of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Portsmouth.
We are looking for someone who can bring intellect and emotional intelligence to leading in a complex environment. You will have a successful track record in financial leadership at a senior board level and have the personal touch to innovate, drive sustainable change. You will be an exceptional communicator who can quickly develop strong relationships internally and externally with a wide range of external stakeholders. Fundamentally, too, you will be passionate about realising our vision of Bringing people closer to Jesus Christ through his Church.
This wide-ranging role will support the Bishop, the Chief Operating officer, Clergy and Trustees of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Portsmouth in all aspects of the Charity including investment management, capital expenditure, financial aspects of property management, data protection, the identification of opportunities for income generation and fundraising and making best use of the assets of the Charitable trust you will ensure compliance with regulatory and accounting practices. You will also lead on the development and implementation of Information technology solutions to achieve effective and responsive service to our parishes and the delivery of our charitable trust business.
CCAB qualified, you will have experience of operating at board level in a complex organisation with a significant interest in property, ideally also with experience of working in the charitable sector. Your ability to contribute to the development of a small Director team will be critical, as will your leadership and team-building skills. You need to demonstrate that, working with clergy and others, you can influence and shape our strategies and plans. You must be able to balance the provision of strategic financial advice to the trust board with a willingness to be hands on and directly lead on operational matters and you will be expected to role model the Trust values and behaviours.
Applications by CV with a two-page covering letter explaining how you meet our person specification and why you are interested in working with us.
For more information please contact Soraya Ciccarone who will arrange a discussion with Heather Hauschild, Chief Operating Officer.
Closing date: Friday 6th December 2019 at 17:00pm.
Interviews: December 2019/Early January 2020 TBC
Please Note The Following Before Applying
· Closing date: we reserve the right to amend the closing date based upon the number of applications received.
· Interviews: all shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a face-to-face interview.
· Unsuccessful applications: if you have not been contacted within 3 weeks of your application, we regret that you will not have been offered an interview on this occasion.
· Criminal records: due to the requirements of certain roles, a Disclosure and Barring System (DBS) disclosure must be obtained by the organisation. Please be aware that anyone who is included in the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) barred lists will commit an offence if they engage, or seek or offer to engage, in a regulated activity from which they are barred.
· General: this post will be subject to review by Trustees.
· New employees to the Diocese of Portsmouth will be subject to a probationary period of six months.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.