Tŷ Hafan is looking for a credible, collaborative and results driven Director of Fundraising to join their executive team.
Tŷ Hafan is one of the UK’s leading paediatric palliative care charities and offers care to children with life-limiting conditions and support for their families across WalesThe hospice and headquarters are located in seven acres of land facing the sea to the West of Sully in the Vale of Glamorgan.
There are over 10,000 children and families in Wales living with life-limiting illness who at some point know they will have to say that final goodbye to a child before their 18th birthday. At Tŷ Hafan, we do everything in our power to ensure that a short life is a full life. We provide round the clock care 24/7 in short breaks and family support at home and in the hospice, as well as dedicated support for siblings and parents. Care intended to enable children and families to do what they do best, being a family and being able to create special memories to treasure for more than one lifetime.
Team Tŷ Hafan totals 6 trustees, 240 employees supported by 607 volunteers, and over 40 ambassadors operating across 31 locations.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will direct and lead the fundraising and marketing activities for Tŷ Hafan. With four direct reports and a team of over 50 staff, you will lead on the delivery of a creative and daring fundraising strategy whilst raising awareness of the services the Charity delivers for children and their families in Wales.
- You will through a variety of messages build strong and meaningful relationships with Tŷ Hafan’s stakeholders, making a positive impact on the Charity for the benefit of the children and their families. Using a suite of ethical fundraising tactics, you will ensure the Charity reaches its income targets via personal engagement, corporate partnerships, marketing and on-line platforms.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of income targets set, managing income streams to include appeals, lottery, events, individual giving, community and international events. Through the co-ordination of comprehensive media and external communications programme, you will be instrumental in helping Tŷ Hafan remain the most recognised Welsh charity in Wales and beyond.
- You will be an ambitious, focused and driven individual with a proven track record of implementing and developing cutting edge fundraising strategies and campaigns. A strategic thinker with the ability to assess risk, you will demonstrate sound judgement. A strong communicator, you will be confident dealing with diverse groups and communities and will work effectively in a team environment.
- As an inspirational leader, you will have exceptional networking skills and thrive on building long-term relationships with multiple stakeholders. Working with individuals and groups from a broad range of sectors and backgrounds, you will have a collaborative style of working and influential demeanour, whilst exercising discretion and tact. You will feel passionately about working for Tŷ Hafan and have a desire to ensure the Charity achieves its ambitions by delivering significant financial outcomes.
- The ability to speak Welsh is advantageous.