This post would be ideally suited to an applicant with Human resources, Care agency management or Recruitment experience
As someone who has lived experience of disability, you will responsible for operating, maintaining and facilitating the use of a Personal Assistant (PA) platform. This platform will allow both direct payment holders and PA’s to register their details onto a website. The purpose of the website is to match suitable PA’s with direct payment holders.
Support to direct payment holders who are considering using the PA register.
- Facilitate the smooth operation of the PA platform, addressing any issues with its use.
- Monitor the online platform of both direct payment holders and PAs and when appropriate raise any safeguarding concerns.
- Support direct payment holders with the recruitment process, including accessing applications, reference and DBS checks and interviewing PAs.
- Develop links and professional relationships with other stake holders and social work teams. To support a healthy level of referrals.
- Develop a PA market by raising awareness of the PA role to Haringey residents interested in becoming a PA, direct payment holders, stakeholders and voluntary organisations.
- Assist the Independent Living Adviser with monthly peer support sessions for disabled people interested in using the PA register.
- Monitor placements at predetermined timescales
- Manage and co-ordinate volunteers
Providing support to individuals who are considering becoming a Personal Care Assistant for the first time as well as experienced Personal Care Assistants
- Provide information and advice on becoming a PA.
- Ensure individuals understand the obligations and responsibilities of being a PA.
- Facilitate monthly support sessions for individuals interested in becoming a PA.
- Support individuals to make informed choices around employment they are seeking.
Lead on engaging with key stakeholders, disabled people and the wider community to embed the Social Model of Disability in everyday life.
Engage with local groups, including faith groups and hard to reach disabled people to raise awareness of and increase the membership of Disability Action Haringey.
How to apply: Please click on the 'Apply with CharityJob' button to submit your Cv and covering letter. Applications that do not include a covering letter will not be considered.
Applicants must send both a covering letter and CV. Your covering letter should give clear evidence, with examples, of how you meet all parts of the Person Specification. If applicants only send a CV, their application will be rejected.
Further details and a job description can be download here from Charity job website
The closing date for applications is midday, FRIDAY 14th May 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and, unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.