Hours: Part-time, 28 hours per week to be worked flexibly
Guildford HQ (GU1)
Challengers is looking for an experienced Sales Ledger Manager who will manage a small team of people to provide finance support for all aspects of bookings made for our play and leisure services.
This will involve working with and supporting parents, whilst utilising a number of standard finance software packages, providing line management support and reporting to the Senior Management Team. You will have at least 5 years of experience of working in Finance, along with a minimum 3 years’ experience of Sales Ledger and Nominal Ledger. You will be self-motivated and able to work accurately and to deadlines.
As part of the role, you will be required to (but not be limited to):
- Produce monthly debtors reports with narrative, and a monthly debtors reconciliation
- Work with families who are struggling financially and identify potential future bad debts
- Identify families who would benefit from Bursaries and assist them with applications
- Ensure that customer accounts are kept clean with unallocated items kept to a minimum
- Assist customers with account queries over the phone, and take payments for all areas of the finance team
- Process daily Salesforce/Opera integration with the help of the Cash Manager
- Undertake day-to-day supervision of the Finance Officers and Finance Volunteers, along with monthly supervisions and annual appraisals
- Communicate clearly with all stakeholders including parents, colleagues and external business partners and uphold the principles of the Challengers Approach
Challengers is a charity with an excellent reputation, delivering play and leisure services to over 1,400 disabled children and young people across the South East. At Challengers, disabled children and young people play, relax, make friends and truly feel that they belong. At the same time, families with disabled children can use these short breaks to pursue ‘ordinary’ activities such as shopping or spending time with their other children.
Why be a Sales Ledger Manager with Challengers?
Challengers has recently been awarded an employer’s rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars on Glassdoor! Recent employees have said:
“Fun, unique environment, a finance team like no other"
“A close-knit, highly skilled and hardworking team contributing to the success of Challengers”
“Finance enables the rest of the organisation to achieve incredible things”
What we offer!
Regular FREE training provided, NEST Pension, Health Care Cash Plan available, free parking and free DBS; annual leave increases with service.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website via the Apply button.
Closing date: 5pm on Monday, 23rd September 2019.
Early application is encouraged as we regularly review applications throughout the advertising period & reserve the right to close the advert early.
Challengers is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the organisation.
Please note, we do not use recruitment agencies as we do all our recruitment in-house.