Senior Individual Giving Manager
Location: Guildford HQ (GU1)
Hours: Full-Time, 35 hours per week
Salary: circa £40,000 depending on proven skills and experience
Are you an experienced fundraiser looking for the next step in your career? Are you looking for an opportunity to manage and develop a team on their way to success?
Challengers is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic fundraiser to join our expanding team of committed and passionate individuals as a Senior Individual Giving Manager. As part of the role, you will manage and develop 4 team members covering Legacies and In-Memory Gifts, as well as Regular Giving and Individual Income through 1:1, events, challenge events and community activities. You will work with your team to produce a strategy across the income streams, engage with new supporters and develop high-quality relationships which lead to financial support for Challengers.
This is a new role within the team, so you will have an opportunity to truly make it your own!
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Developing and implementing a three year Individual Giving strategy with the aim of securing in excess of £1 million from High Net Worth individuals
- Managing a diverse team of income streams to ensure the Legacy, In-Memory, Individual and Regular Giving pipeline and income cycle
- Reporting to the Senior Management Team, Trustees and Patrons
- Developing a Regular Giving strategy to increase regular donations from individuals
- Engaging High Net Worth individuals and individuals who can promote and support Challengers’ work at Challengers events, and other functions
- Working alongside the Events Manager to ensure that Challengers events run smoothly and achieve the targeted income
We are looking for somebody who has:
- Experience of working within fundraising
- A proven track record of delivering income from High Net Worth individuals, Legacy, In Memory and Regular Giving in excess of £500k
- The ability to form mutually beneficial relationships with existing and new supporters at all levels
- Experience of managing teams in an informal but professional working environment and leading them to success
- The ability to travel and work flexibly outside of the conventional working hours (this role will require some evening and weekend work)
Challengers is a charity with an excellent reputation, delivering play and leisure services to over 1,400 disabled children and young people across the South East. At Challengers, disabled children and young people play, relax, make friends and truly feel that they belong. At the same time, families with disabled children can use these short breaks to pursue ‘ordinary’ activities such as shopping or spending time with their other children.
Why be a Senior Individual Giving Manager at Challengers?
Challengers has recently been awarded an employer’s rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars on Glassdoor! Recent employees have said:
- "The training offered is high quality and everyone that works at Challengers has such a positive and inspiring outlook."
- "Challengers really makes my job as a Fundraiser so easy as it’s just such a wonderful place, full of support and smiles."
- "Like working in a large, fun family."
What we offer!
- A salary of circa £40,000 depending on proven skills and experience
- Regular FREE training provided
- NEST Pension
- Healthcare cash plan available
- Free parking and free DBS
- 20 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and extra leave between Christmas and New Year (annual leave increases with service)
Challengers is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practices across the organisation.
Early application is encouraged as we regularly review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
This position could be suitable for applicants seeking any of the following role types: Fundraiser, Fundraising Manager, Senior Fundraising Manager, Individual Giving Manager, Senior Individual Giving Manager, Legacy Manager, Fundraising Lead, Legacies & Guardians Manager, or Regular Giving Manager.
To apply for the role of Senior Individual Giving Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.