Are you studying oral health, or a trainee dental therapist/hygienist keen to share your knowledge with others?
Would you like to help the people we support to improve their oral health?
As a volunteer, you would be sharing your invaluable knowledge with our support colleagues, so they can encourage and guide the people we support to have good oral hygiene.
Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities and/or autism would be desired, in understanding the needs, challenges and issues around maintaining good hygiene, but this is not essential.
Activities will include:
- Sharing key tips and knowledge with Dimensions group colleagues about oral health for the people we support
- Sharing suggestions and ideas for how to make the process of maintaining good oral hygiene fun and accessible for the people we support
- Creating resources that demonstrate good oral health (eg quick guides, Powerpoint presentations and webinars)
- Attending meetings (virtually) to answer questions from colleagues
This is a virtual, home-based role, so activities WILL NOT involve supporting specific individuals with their oral health.
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Knowledgeable of oral health in relation to dysphagia
- Knowledgeable about the practicalities of supporting a person with oral care
- Has access to and is comfortable with using IT, including using video calling technology eg Microsoft Teams
- Friendly, a good listener and is reliable/dependable
- Desired but not essential: Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities and/or autism
Two character references and a photo ID check will be required for this role.
How Discovery is managing Covid-19:
We confirm we have complied with the government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
We would like to assure applicants and new starters that Discovery is taking all possible steps to minimise risks to volunteers and colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic.
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Discovery volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.