About Ditch the Label and Our Work
Our research consistently shows that 1 in 2 of all young people have at some point experienced bullying, so we’re standing for a society that is fair, equal and free from all types of bullying.
Launched in the UK in 2012, Ditch the Label has quickly become one of the largest and most recognised youth, anti-bullying charities in the world, working to teach young people aged 12-25 that it’s okay to be different. Our award-winning work spans across the UK, USA and Mexico, working with and aiding young people, parents/guardians, education establishments and other organisations involved with the safeguarding of young people.
Our work is internationally recognised and has been heralded as some of the most innovative and ambitious anti-bullying work around. Each month, we help thousands of young people to navigate through bullying, the potentially devastating impacts and supporting youth through the myriad of issues that they face. Additionally, we regularly produce world-class research to understand the changing nature and dynamic of bullying and canvas for real societal change with our public facing campaigns.
Our current work includes:
- SUPPORT:Providing direct advice and support to thousands of young people each week through the Ditch the Label website and owned platforms. We provide crucial support around issues such as (but not limited to) bullying, abuse, coming out, mental health/wellbeing, self-esteem and relationships. Additionally, we work online, through partnerships with social networks to remove abusive content
- RESEARCH:Working in collaboration with education establishments, social networks and other organisations as a means of producing new, innovative research surrounding bullying and related issues to uncover hidden insights which leads and informs our support programmes
- CAMPAIGNS:Utilising the power of the media and innovative content to generate societal shifts in attitudes and behaviours surrounding bullying with our public facing campaigns
- EDUCATION: We produce complete and downloadable high-quality educational resources for teachers in order to support and aid the delivery of PSHE lessons within schools and further, to reach youth in offline environments to challenge subjects such as bullying, gender stereotypes, body image and digital literacy.
- POLICY:Working to positively influence education and policy across government to bring us closer to combating bullying, abusive and harassing behaviours and vitally, to reflect and highlight youth voices and experiences
The span of our work is constantly changing in line with the growth of our organisation. If you want to be part of a growing team with passion, drive and genuine enthusiasm then Ditch the Label is the workplace for you.
Our U.K. office is based in Brighton. Our U.S.A. office is based in Los Angeles.
Head of Corporate Giving: Job Description
If you truly believe in a world that is fair, equal and free from all types of bullying and share our ambition and passion to drive change, our Head of Corporate Giving role is the perfect fit for you.
You will be working closely with our Chief Fundraiser Officer and senior management to focus on the corporate and individual giving area (new business) fundraising at Ditch the Label. In this role you will work against mutually agreed financial targets and KPI’s. You will be based in our Brighton UK office but you will be working across all of our markets, with potential opportunities to travel internationally.
We are looking for an individual who is a strategic thinker and able to develop and build on our fundraising strategy and activity, actively seeking new opportunities. The successful applicant must be passionate about the work of Ditch the Label and able to confidently articulate our values in order to build support and influence with external stakeholders – such as major donors and corporate decision makers.
A proven track record in fundraising is essential and we are ideally looking for a candidate with a diverse range of fundraising skills. You must be innovative, fresh, energetic and have a strong drive to succeed.
- Generate new income from corporate donors and individuals to fund Ditch the Label’s vital services supporting young people aged 12-25
- Build a pipeline of new funding opportunities which have the potential to generate high value, multi-year donations
- Identify and make approaches to new prospects from scratch including major companies and high net worth individuals
- Develop relationships and steward potential donors through the new business pipeline, from making the ask to securing a partnership agreement
- Create bespoke, powerful and compelling written proposals for potential donors based on their requirements and leverage brand assets accordingly
- Deliver engaging and motivating pitches to potential donors
- Secure new contacts through networking opportunities and existing relationships
- Manage and develop relationships with new donors, as and when required
- Contribute to Ditch the Label’s fundraising strategy and budgeting process
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting against KPI’s to the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Fundraising Officer and members of the board
Head of Corporate Giving: Person Specification
- A diverse portfolio of fundraising experience or previously held a similar position
- An understanding of charity fundraising and experience with major donors, trusts and corporate fundraising
- Understanding of how to make a successful fundraising approach
- Tenacious and results driven
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Great networking, interpersonal and influential skills
- The ability to articulately and confidently communicate our organisation values to individuals or in front of an audience
- Passionate about youth issues
- Demonstrable new business experience securing major donations in a fundraising role (or comparable experience from a different sector)
- Proven track record of developing a new business pipeline and winning new partnerships from scratch
- Experience of writing successful proposals or bids
- Experience of closing deals and securing partnerships
Head of Corporate Giving: Technicalities and Compensation
Place of work:Brighton, United Kingdom
Working week:36.5hrs p/week (with a paid 60-minute lunch break).
Compensation: £28-32K PA depending upon experience.
- Company pension scheme
- Annual pay reviews
- Team socials
- Discount on Ditch the Label merchandise
- Opportunities to travel and attend invite-only partner events
- 28 days of fully paid annual holiday
- Office refreshments
Please contact us with your CV to request an application form.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.