This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Are you an IT professional who is passionate about business intelligence and bringing data to life?
Data is core to our transformation and future. We’re looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to work with our teams to ensure data is stored and understood correctly and works well for our different departments.
Why Dogs Trust?
We love dogs. That’s why we do whatever we can to make sure every four-legged friend gets the love they deserve. We’ll never put a healthy dog down, so our work is focused on helping dogs in need, supporting owners every step of the walk, and creating a better world for dogs in the future. It’s what we’ve been doing since 1891 and how we’ve grown to become the UK’s leading dog charity, helping 12,000 loyal friends find their forever homes every year.
What does this role involve?
As Business Intelligence Developer, you’ll:
- work with different teams across the charity to support with data collection and analysis,
- recommend and produce reports using different tools, understanding the needs of various stakeholders to build customer queries, dashboards, and worksheets,
- transform data into actionable information to enable the understanding and recording of KPIs,
- use a variety of data tools (including Excel, SQL, Tableau, Power BI Visualisation tools and Snowflake) to link the business with their data,
- provide training and support to different departments as you hand over the tools that have been created.
Please note, this role is being offered as a fixed term contract for 12 months.
What skills do you need?
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- be passionate about data and the ways in which this information can be used to add value to Dogs Trust and our mission,
- have experience in data handling and analysis, as well as some experience of producing BI/analytics tools,
- have experience of developing dashboards in both Tableau and Power BI from Snowflake data warehouse, such as creating fact and dimension tables,
- have strong communication skills, in order to build key relationships with stakeholders and communicate complex information in lay terms.
What does this team do?
The IT department is responsible for the ongoing management and development of critical business systems that contribute to the overall success of Dogs Trust activities. The department focuses on delivering innovative solutions to support transformation initiatives and operational services across the charity.
To apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button. Our application process requires you complete an application form and a covering letter explaining your interest and suitability for the role. Please note that we may close this vacancy early if we receive enough suitable interest, so to avoid disappointment early application is encouraged.
Dogs are incredibly diverse, much like the humans that love them! At Dogs Trust we value diversity and we're committed to fostering an inclusive culture. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, abilities, and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce helps us to achieve our mission. Our colleague networks give our people a voice acting as vehicles for real and meaningful change within Dogs Trust. We truly want to see every candidate shine throughout the entire job application process, interview stages, and during their time with us. If there's anything on your mind or any adjustments you may need, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're here to support you every step of the way.