This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join our Doncaster team in what is a new role, to help us build our income to support and sustain the vital work we do across all our services. In addition to this role, we will also be seeking a full time Trusts, Foundations & Lottery Fundraiser. Both posts will be supported and managed by the Fundraising Lead, in what will be a totally new team.
It is a broad and varied job where you can really make your mark. The role will suit a self-motivated, creative and enthusiastic individual who is well organised, a great communicator and passionate about supporting young people with a disability. And this really is a wonderful charity within which to work!
As Corporate & Community Fundraiser, you can expect to create and deliver exciting and purposeful fundraising initiatives at a local and regional level in support of our income expectations. This being a new role, there is real opportunity to innovate as we engage with both the Community and Corporate sector from a standing start. That said, we are well known within Doncaster having had a presence for over 190 years, and you will certainly benefit from the knowledge of our wider team.
We’ve two very innovative capital projects currently in design phase, so you’ll soon have a creative and impactful fundraising proposition within your portfolio. In this respect you will need a can-do attitude and the willingness to roll up your sleeves and jump right in.
If you like what you’ve read and feel that being part of a new and exciting team is for you, then we ask if you can demonstrate the following;
- At least two year’s experience of Corporate and Community fundraising, sales or similar, with evidence of success in developing new relationships and meeting or exceeding income and/or sales targets.
- An empathy to our cause.
- Team working towards shared goals, income and objectives.
- Donor or client acquisition through purposeful relationship building and marketing.
- Developing a robust and creative Case for Support, or similar.
- Donor or client stewardship creating multiple opportunities for future giving or product purchase.
- Persuasive yet intuitive presentation skills.
- Excellent ICT skills and proficiency in Microsoft outlook, word, excel and PowerPoint.
If, having read the accompanying application pack and you feel suitably qualified and inspired then please simply send us a letter sharing both, plus your most recent CV, making sure that you include your full contact details by clicking to apply online.
Initially, we intend to have informal, rolling interviews, ideally on campus. If your letter inspires us with a great narrative, empathy for our cause and a connection to our values (as well as the requisite shining examples as to how you meet the job role and person spec!) then you may well hear from us quite soon. If you’re not able to join us on site, for whatever reason, then we’ll arrange to chat to you online.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.