We are seeking an entrepreneurial and effective leader to take Doteveryone through its next stage of growth.
As an organisation focused on responsible technology, we have grown and developed significantly over the past 2 years. Our team is researching how technology is changing society, creating products and prototypes that show what responsible technology looks like, and catalysing communities to create change.
We are looking for a new Chief Executive to lead this team, develop new partnerships, advocate for our mission and deliver impact. Our next stage of growth is to consolidate our work to create lasting change, build a diverse income base to sustain existing programmes and allow for new exploration, and continue to grow our reputation and influence.
This is a challenging role in a vital organisation: I founded Doteveryone because I believe technology can be a force for good. Innovation need not continue to deepen inequalities and we have an opportunity to redirect the technology industry to meet the needs of people and the planet. Join us and help make responsible technology the new normal - across governments, businesses, and civil society.
Martha Lane Fox, Founder
You must have:
- A proven track record of taking a charity or small business to scale
- Values aligned with ours about the importance and direction of responsible technology
- Experience of fundraising and/or commercial responsibility
- A public voice and the ability to communicate complex concepts to the media, business leaders and politicians.
- Entrepreneurial and opportunistic mindset
- Great technical intuition - experience of working with or alongside technology, and an understanding of how to question it
Not essential, but you might also have:
- Global presence or connections
- Political experience
- A technical background
- Our current CEO is standing down in December 2019. A handover period would be desirable but not essential.
- Closing date for applications: Monday 2nd September 9am
- Applications to be made through Workable
- 1st interviews: week of 16th September
- Appointment to be made by end September.
This is a senior role in the charity and the indicative salary will be in the range £120k - £140k, although we invite applications from people currently working outside of this range. This role is based at Doteveryone’s offices in Somerset House, central London. Some travel is anticipated within the UK and occasionally overseas.
We support flexible working across our team. We are an inclusive employer; we firmly believe that diverse teams create better work and as such we welcome a broad range of perspectives, approaches and background in applicants.
Doteveryone is the responsible technology think tank. We research how technology is changing society, create products and prototypes that show what responsible technology looks like, and catalyse communities to create change.
We are a small team that pulls together to achieve more than the sum of our parts. In everything we do, we try to balance boldness and thoughtfulness, critical thinking and entrepreneurialism, bold ambition and practical application. There is a lot of talk about how technology is changing the world; we are interested in action.
You can find out more about us by downloading the information pack.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.