How to apply
Fundraiser - Individual Giving
Hull, East Yorkshire
We are Dove House Hospice, a dedicated service supporting patients with life limiting illnesses. Providing a range of therapies, services and support, we aim to make the hardest part of life manageable within a sustainable, comfortable and caring environment.
We’re currently looking for a Fundraiser to join our passionate team and build positive, rewarding relationships with our new and existing donors.
- Salary of £21,894 - £24,485 per annum
- Contributory group personal pension
- Leisure and healthcare discounts
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave pay
- 22 days’ holiday (rising with service)
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced fundraising or marketing professional to make a real difference to local palliative care patients and their loved ones.
We help people with life-limiting illnesses to live every moment, receiving the care that is right for them in their place of choice. You’ll play an integral role in our ongoing success as you’ll enable us to continue supporting patients, their carers and families during difficult times.
We are passionate about providing a great work environment for our people and are proud to have been placed fifth in The Sunday Times list of 100 best Not-For-Profit Organisations to work for. What’s more, we offer excellent learning and development opportunities and will support you to build a career to be proud of.
As a Fundraiser, you will identify innovative ways to maximise income from new and existing donors.
Working as part of our Fundraising Department, you’ll strive to build rewarding relationships with every supporter to ensure they feel passionate, engaged and invested in the future of local hospice care.
You’ll develop and manage products, appeals and campaigns to increase support and income through regular giving, our community lottery, individual donations, direct marketing initiatives including lottery raffles, in-memoriam and legacies across all multi-media channels.
Additionally, you will:
- Lead the development and implementation of supporter journey plans and communication plans
- Handle supporter enquiries, both via the telephone and our website
- Work with the Communications Team to produce creative and effective marketing materials
- Act as an ambassador for our organisation
To join us as a Fundraiser, you’ll need:
- Experience of working in a fundraising or related role, such as marketing or direct marketing
- Previous experience of using multimedia channels to promote, market and engage, such as email, direct mail or social media
- Experience of working to, and achieving, financial targets
- Previous experience of generating, developing, analysing and delivering reports to peers and managers
- Knowledge of CRM databases to maximise support and/or income for a charity or business
- At a minimum, A Levels (or equivalent)
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Fundraising Executive, Individual Giving Fundraiser, Marketing Executive, Direct Marketing Executive, Fundraising Officer or Fundraising Co-ordinator.
The closing date for applications is 3pm on the 11th September 2019.
Webrecruit and Dove House Hospice are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Fundraiser, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, usually 9:00 – 17:00