Director (Home-based, £50,000 - £60,000 pa)
Dravet Syndrome UK is a small charity dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by this devastating life limiting condition through support to everyone impacted by the condition, education and medical research.
The charity was founded in October 2008 by parents looking for support and information about treatments and research. Since the charity was founded the membership has risen from just thirty families to over five hundred.
The charity is now looking for a Director to lead the team through an exciting period of expansion and change, helping to further raise our impact and make a real difference to those affected by Dravet syndrome.
Dravet Syndrome UK has an enthusiastic team of three staff, four trustees and volunteers, all of whom are home-based, nationwide.
- Salary of c£50,000-£60,000 (depending on experience) per annum
- 24 days’ holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays per year
- Flexible working (home-based, full-time, but part-time may be considered)
- This is an amazing opportunity to use your skills and experience to develop, expand and drive the success of this small charity. This is both an operational and strategic role where you will be leading all aspects of the charity and will work alongside a passionate, dedicated team of Trustees, staff and volunteers.
As the Director of Dravet Syndrome UK some of the main requirements will be to:
- Lead the organisation’s executive functions; delivering the strategy that is set with the board and achieving fundraising, impact and operational objectives that support that strategy. A part of this is to be the public face of the organisation, building relationships and partnerships across the work of the charity and its diverse stakeholder groups.
- Lead, motivate and support a team of staff and volunteers to perform at their best and promote the charity’s purpose and mission in all operations.
- Be accountable to the Board of Trustees for the overall financial health of the charity and agree and deliver the right strategy and supporting KPIs.
- Deliver the operations, communications, marketing and public affairs strategy, giving clarity to the team around roles and direction.
- Seek out, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant organisations and individuals to promote the work of the charity and facilitate the implementation of its strategic objectives.
- Ensure that the charity remains responsive to the needs of the families that the charity supports.
- Represent the charity in public forums by being a passionate and empathetic advocate for the charity and its mission.
- Liaise with the Board to ensure that the charity’s overall governance structure, policies and procedures are appropriate and effective.
To join us as a Director, some of the skills and experience required are to:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification.
- Have a proven record of achievement in a senior position within a small charity/not for profit organisation over at least three years.
- Have experience of business planning, business development and income generation.
- Have demonstrable evidence of Inspirational leadership, management and motivational skills.
- Have experience of effective partnership working, development and external relationship management.
- Have a flexible approach to working practices including willingness and ability to travel.
For full details of the job description please see the 'additional documents' and to apply please click on the 'apply' button below.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Sunday 30 June 2019. First interviews will be held virtually during the week commencing 8th July 2019. Shortlisted candidates may then be invited to a second interview in London during the week commencing 15th July 2019.
Dravet Syndrome UK welcomes applications regardless of sex, gender, race, age, sexuality, belief or disability.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.