Regional Volunteering Co-ordinator – Fundraising
Home Based (with travel throughout Glasgow and the surrounding area)
Established in 1988, Dreams Come True is a UK charity whose mission is to enrich the lives of children and young people (aged two to 21) with serious and life-limiting conditions.
Over the last 30 years, we have fulfilled the dreams of 6,000 children and young people with over 400 life limiting conditions. We want to help even more children and young people go on adventures, realise their wildest ambitions and make amazing memories with their loved ones.
Following a successful £1 million grant application, we are rolling out our Hidden Communities Programme, which aims to extend our reach to children and young people in areas of deprivation.
We’re now looking for a number of Regional Volunteering Co-ordinators to join us, starting 1st September 2019, and support the delivery of this programme by recruiting and developing volunteers in their area.
- Salary of £27,000 per annum
- Help children and young people to realise their dreams
- Make a real difference on a daily basis
If you have experience of recruiting, managing and developing volunteers, this is an amazing opportunity to support initiatives that are fulfilling the dreams of seriously and terminally ill children and young people.
Your work will create treasured – and often life-changing – memories for children and young people facing the most challenging of circumstances.
As a Regional Volunteering Co-ordinator, you’ll recruit, support and develop a team of motivated volunteers to help realise the dreams of our amazing recipients.
Working as part of the Hidden Communities Team, you’ll focus on recruiting volunteers to assist with community fundraising and dream delivery activities.
Acting as a key point of contact for the programme and volunteers in your area, you will:
- Work closely with social services, care providers and other charities
- Co-ordinate day-to-day operational activities in your region
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure dream referrals are received and implemented within agreed actions
- Help to develop a communication and engagement plan to promote the programme
- Complete a range of admin tasks
To join us as a Regional Volunteering Co-ordinator, you’ll need:
- Experience of recruiting, managing and developing volunteers
- A background in the health or social care sector or a children and/or young person’s charity
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English at grade C or above
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Volunteering Supervisor, Regional Volunteering Supervisor, Area Volunteering Co-ordinator, Volunteering Co-ordinator, Programme Delivery Co-ordinator or Programme Co-ordinator.
Other companies may call this role Fundraising Co-ordinator, Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Assistant, Fundraising Co-ordinator, Philanthropy Officer, Philanthropy Executive or Events Fundraising Assistant.
The closing date for applications is the 28th June 2019.
Dreams Come True values equality and diversity, and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
So, if you think you could make a difference as one of our Regional Volunteering Co-ordinators, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 35 hours per week (some evening and weekend work required)