Please ensure that you state all relevant experience, skills, and personal motivations in your covering letter! Candidates who don't submit a covering letter will not be considered for the role.
Who we are
Drive Forward Foundation is an award-winning charity that enables young people with a background in (foster, residential, kinship) care to achieve their full potential through sustainable and fulfilled employment, education, and training.
Working with young people aged 13 – 26, we are a vibrant and committed team who love what we do. We’re looking for a creative Communications Manager to help us engage with more young people, and the people who can support them, through our digital channels as well as in press and broadcast media.
If you’re passionate about helping young people get on in life, and can identify with the aims of our charity we’d love you to join our small, successful team.
Who you are & what to expect
Working alongside the Director of Fundraising & Communications, you will play a pivotal role in the development of a comprehensive cross-organisational communications strategy. Collaborating with members of the team, you will devise and deliver quality content using video, audio, and excellent written skills with the aim of increasing the charity’s overall profile and furthering the aims of our Political Engagement work.
You will be a self-starter as well as a team player, with proven experience of media and public relations, and confidence in producing great content and running social media channels.
If you think you have the skills and want to join a team as dynamic as you are – we look forward to hearing from you.
Your main duties
- Social media and website management: copywriting; blogging; visual design; video/audio; scheduling; analytics; community engagement; maintenance;
- Compiling the charity’s monthly newsletter;
- Storytelling: Sourcing and communicating beneficiary stories using various media/channels;
- Co-manage our podcast: sourcing interviewees; conducting interviews; editing; distribution;
- Media and PR: writing press releases and effectively engaging with the media/journalists; building a story archive and supporting individuals preparing for media engagements; media monitoring for relevant topics/issues;
- Liaising with the team to create marketing materials when needed;
- Supporting fundraising activities and events;
- Be a ‘face of the charity’ as required at external events
Person Specifications & Essential Experience/Skills
- A can-do attitude and willingness to support your colleagues
- Forward planning to maximize comms opportunities
- Excellent writing skills able to write copy for a variety of audiences
- Experience of making digital content - Video/audio editing skills and knowledge of relevant tools
- Social media management of several channels, driving engagement, and analytics
- Experience of creating PR stories/press releases and selling them to the media
- A solid understanding of the media landscape and how to target them
- Excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of UK political system and a keen interest in current affairs
- Past campaigning experience in a similar area of policy
- Experience of working with young people/disadvantaged groups
- Knowledge of SEO and website management
- Experience working with Google Analytics and Google AdWords
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Keeping in mind that approximately 70% of our clients are from a BAME background, we highly encourage BAME candidates to apply.
After reviewing your CV and covering letter, we may invite you to complete a task. This is your opportunity to showcase your skills and give us a better idea of how you'd approach this role.
Based on how you did on your task, we may then invite you for an interview, during which you'll have a chance to convince us that you're the best fit for the job and our charity.
We further encourage you to link to previous work that you think accurately showcases your skills and experience.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.