21 hours per week, in the office or local outreach locations, no remote working
PURPOSE OF THE POST
• To give infrastructure support to local voluntary and community sector (VCS) groups, social
enterprises and residents towards setting up new activities and adopting a community safety
• Seek funding for new activities.
• Setup and run a network for participants.
• Promote safe communities volunteering.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Formulate a detailed work plan for the implementation of the set outputs, outcomes, and budget.
• Support VCS organisations with measuring and communicating impact.
• To provide practical information to local groups on appropriate funding streams and their criteria by reviewing their funding proposals and offering feedback.
• To advise local VCS groups and social enterprises on a range of legal structures, policies, and charity registration issues; and assist in choosing the most appropriate structures and assist with their registration process.
• To plan and ensure implementation of the Training Programmes and its delivery in co-operation with other EHCVS Staff. Where training is outsourced, commission appropriate trainers to deliver relevant training courses in accordance with the training needs identified.
• To be aware of local and national initiatives and how these relate to local issues and be able to advise and disseminate relevant information to the local VCS.
• Assist in producing briefings, information, and web material.
• Assist in producing monitoring and evaluation information
• Assist in developing and organising events
• Represent Ealing & Hounslow CVS at meetings and events relevant to your project.
• Undertake other related project duties as may be required
• To work in co-operation with other members of the staff team of EHCVS, attend appropriate internal and external meetings.
• Support EHCVS with other project developments and funding applications to funders.
• To undertake, as identified by EHCVS’s Board of Trustees any occasional additional duties
commensurate with the responsibilities of the post which may not be purely related to this role.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION
• To record monitoring information; review progress of current projects on a weekly basis and manage upwards.
• Prepare written evaluation reports for EHCVS, projects and services.
• Support the Funding and Partnerships manager and Development Services Manager with monitoring information collated from service as and when required, Weekly and monthly reporting.
• To ensure that Equal Opportunities and all other EHCVS organisational policies are actively
implemented and adhered to in all areas of your work.
• To work with EHCVS staff and volunteers towards the effective achievement of the organisation’s objectives.
• To ensure all volunteers working with you are given appropriate induction and to provide information and support for all volunteers working for EHCVS
MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT
The postholder will be employed by Ealing & Hounslow CVS and supervised and managed by the Senior Development Services Manager. The postholder will participate in monthly supervision with their line manager as well as a weekly team meeting and organisation-wide staff meetings. An individual induction and training plan will be agreed on.