PURPOSE OF THE POST
The Fundraising and Partnerships Manager is responsible for managing Ealing and Hounslow funding and development activities – identifying and developing funding opportunities, responding to proposals, and building new programme partnerships. Supporting the CEO and senior management team to develop an effective and successful fundraising strategy.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Developing new partnerships
- Creating new partnerships with employers, sector bodies, trusts, and foundations, enabling us to work together to further essential skills development.
- Working closely with voluntary sector partners to map out their needs and identify funding to meet their needs.
- Creating bespoke partnership proposals to support partners.
- Working closely with the Senior Development Services Manager to ensure the delivery of partnership activities and bespoke support to each key partner.
- Establish relationships with local groups and charitable organisations with a view to submit joint bids for projects that support similar objectives and/or potential to leverage higher levels of funding.
Managing existing partnerships
- Maintaining and developing relationships with our existing partners by acting as the account manager for key relationships with employers, infrastructure bodies (Local Authorities, sector bodies, membership organisations), trusts and foundations.
- Communicating effectively with partners and evolving their engagement with us by identifying new opportunities for them to embed meaningful essential skills development within their work.
- Reporting to partners on the impact of their work with us and providing stewardship activities to connect them with the impact.
- Having strategic responsibility for the income pipeline relating to innovation projects and core organisational costs. This post has specific set external fundraising targets.
- Reviewing, updating, and managing the pipeline, seeking out corporates, trusts and foundations which align with our goals and accurately communicating progress.
- Working with the Senior Development Services Manager and the wider team to scope out new and existing projects to be developed.
- Identifying realistic targets for fundraising proposals and developing funding relationships with trusts, foundations, and corporate partners. Writing and submitting proposals to potential funders. The role has specific annual external fundraising targets.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- To record monitoring information; review progress of current projects on a weekly basis and manage upwards.
- Prepare written evaluation reports for EHCVS, projects and services.
- Support the Senior Development Services Manager and CEO with monitoring information collated from service as and when required, Weekly and monthly reporting.
Supporting the Development team
- The ideal candidate will have strong project management and digital skills, with experience of working in small charities.
- The Fundraising and Partnerships Manager will be expected to manage a team of 4-5 Officers, running different projects supporting the local Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) in Ealing and Hounslow. Oversee and manage grant, contracted funded projects, services and the team.
- Collaborating across the Funding and Group Development Team to ensure that we achieve our overall goals to ensure service delivery targets are met.
- Assist in producing briefings, information, and web material.
- Assist in producing monitoring and evaluation information.
- Assist in developing and organising events.
- Represent Ealing & Hounslow CVS at meetings and events relevant to your project.
- Undertake other related project duties as may be required.
Management and Support
The postholder will be employed by Ealing & Hounslow CVS and supervised and managed by the Senior Development Services Manager. The postholder will participate in monthly supervision with their line manager as well as a weekly team meeting and organisation-wide staff meetings. An individual induction and training plan will be agreed on.