PURPOSE OF THE POST
The role will report direct to the Chief Executive Officer and manage the delivery of volunteering services in Ealing and Hounslow. The role’s aims will be to support local Ealing and Hounslow organisations and communities with volunteering and youth social action initiatives. The post will also come with will require close management of a staff team to achieve KPI’s and service targets.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with Ealing and Hounslow councils, communities, project partners and volunteers to deliver a professional, high-quality Volunteering service for both Ealing and Hounslow Boroughs.
• Implement a Volunteering Communications and Marketing Plan to include working with local media and social media platforms.
• Develop Social Action activities throughout both boroughs including crowd-funding opportunities.
• Create micro/digital/flexible volunteering opportunities including “one-off” engagement activities.
• Manage a team of 5 including 4 volunteer coordinators and a library volunteer supervisor
• To oversee a high-quality volunteer recruitment and brokerage service in Ealing and Hounslow. Develop new volunteering opportunities among VCS groups, public sector organisations and local businesses including creating corporate volunteering opportunities. Identify new opportunities to ensure that local residents from hard-to-reach communities or isolated areas of both boroughs have access to volunteering opportunities.
• To establish an ongoing programme of public engagement activities including marketing and promoting volunteering to local residents, VCS groups and businesses
• To manage a programme of online and in person workshops, training events and forums throughout both boroughs
• To manage a coordinator for a supported volunteering programmes for young people and for those with physical and mental health conditions and provide more intensive support including delivering 1:1 brokerage appointments with trained volunteer coordinators.
• To oversee the production of a bi-monthly volunteering e-news for both Ealing and Hounslow boroughs and the library for VCS groups to share ideas and best practice and raise the profile of volunteering and ensure that the website is current and regularly updated.
Please email your CV to Irfan