“Early Break is a young people and family charity (1994) that believes excellence at all points of delivery is a requirement. If you take pride in your work, are hardworking, want to be professionally challenged and are passionate to make a difference in the lives of others then our organisation could well suit you. We have a strong set of values determined by staff which we continuously work towards. It is our shared expectation our staff will be “professionally curious” both in their delivery and ongoing professional development.”
In the role, you will:
- Be an organised individual able to manage a case load of complex families are experiencing problems related to trauma, intergenerational substance misuse, criminality and wider vulnerabilities
- Work in a child centred approach with parents in the criminal justice services (including prisons) to address their individual and family needs, with a focus on the the impact of their substance misuse of their children and family.
- Liaising with children’s workers to ascertain the voice of the child and integrating their wishes and feelings through group and individual interventions.
- Be an effective team member to ensure families have access to the wider service offer, such as Mental Health support, Trauma Therapy, Holding Families Programme
- Offer group work in individual sessions to concerned others related to reduce family conflict, improve family relationships. improving skills and knowledge.
- Be able to work effectively to build referral pathways and professional relationships across adult and children’s services.
- Be skilled and confident to deliver training and workshops
- Have the ability to co-ordinate care, carry out specialist assessments and care planning in the context of the individual and family.
- Strong awareness of legislation as it applies to young people particularly focussed on safeguarding, substance misuse, criminal justice and emotional health and well being
- Be prepared to work evenings and/or occasional weekends as required by the role
- To contribute to the wider work of the charity and its entrepreneurial development
- Be a reflective practitioner in the role
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.