At Earthwatch we’re passionate about taking an innovative and evidence-based approach to our external communications. We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative new colleague to join our communications team, managing a number of key communications outputs for our corporate audiences.
Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, the Communications Manager - Corporate will help develop and implement communications activity to raise awareness of our flagship corporate products and services (including Tiny Forest, Corporate Learning and FreshWater Watch). You will reach out to our key corporate audiences for those projects across a range of channels, including integrated PR and marketing campaigns, and organic video, digital and social media content.
You will be responsible for communicating the Earthwatch brand, key messaging and impact through a number of core brand outputs, including the ‘Working with Business’ section of the Earthwatch Europe website, supporting corporate development team pitches to prospective partners, and coordinating multi-channel communications campaigns at key points in the year. You will also play an active role in the communications team’s work to embed communications best-practice across the organisation.
The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach and proven experience within a communications and marketing role, including media relations, paid campaigns and managing websites, blogs and social media. You will have excellent written and verbal communications skills and experience of using analytics tools to evaluate and report on the impact of your work.
Earthwatch is an environmental charity with science at its heart. We drive the change needed to live within our means and in balance with nature. We do this by connecting people with the natural world, monitoring the health of our natural resources, and informing the actions that will have the greatest positive impact.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK – Earthwatch cannot support visa applications for this role.
To increase the reach and profile of Earthwatch Europe through the delivery of high-quality PR, marketing and communications outputs, with specific responsibility for flagship corporate engagement offerings.
To act as communications lead on key Earthwatch projects:
- Develop and deliver creative communications plans and integrated campaigns for our primary corporate engagement offerings (Tiny Forest, Corporate Learning and FreshWater Watch)
- Produce communications content to raise the profile of our corporate offerings across a range of channels, including PR, marketing, and video, digital and social media content
- Take an audience-first approach, basing plans and recommendations on our understanding of key audience segments
- Liaise with the Senior Communications Manager to maximise impact and ensure plans align with the corporate communications strategies
Development of strategic communications outputs in line with the Earthwatch brand and key messaging:
- Act as communications lead for the ‘Working with Business’ section of the Earthwatch Europe website and LinkedIn channel, developing and editing content to ensure clarity and impact
- Coordinate a number of multi-channel communications campaigns across the year, working closely with the Marketing and Communications Coordinators and Senior Comms manager, to plan, develop and deliver content in line with agreed objectives
- Manage the dissemination of research outputs associated with corporate partnership projects
- Support the communications needs of corporate outreach by producing marketing materials and other agreed assets, liaising with colleagues to source, develop and edit content
- Manage the work of external design, video and print agencies
To support the communications team to embed communications best-practice and empower colleagues to deliver some communications activity:
- Help manage the communications toolkit and share new tools with colleagues across Earthwatch
- Contribute to communications induction training for new starters
- Act as a brand guardian to ensure that all external communications are consistent with the Earthwatch brand guidelines, key messaging and operating principles
- Help maintain central communications resources, including press lists and communication workplan
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of your communications projects and contribute to reporting against the communications team’s KPIs
The above list of job deliverables is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post
- Proven experience within a communications and PR/marketing role, including media relations, paid advertising/campaigns, websites, blogs and social media management
- Proven ability to manage and deliver communications plans on time and to budget, working with direct and indirect teams
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships and work collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience of copywriting and editing
- Experience of using analytics tools to evaluate and report on the impact of your work
- A creative, hands-on and agile approach
- Results-driven, organised and tenacious, with excellent attention to detail, prioritisation and time management
- Commitment to the mission and values of Earthwatch
- Experience of the environmental and/or charity sector
- Knowledge and/or experience of B2B communications
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.