Learning & Development Manager
Salary: Circa £40k FTE
Location: Hybrid Working (Ipswich or Milton)
Working: 3 - 4 days per week
Job Type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Learning & Development Manager to join the People Team at EACH. This role offers flexibility to work from either our Ipswich or Cambridge (Milton) hospices as a hybrid worker.
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) supports families and cares for children and young people with life threatening conditions across Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk.
If you are a passionate, creative and experienced L&D manager who is interested in working within a very rewarding charity with flexibility for part time working (3-4 days per week) we’d love to hear from you.
The role reports to the People Director and you will be an integral part of the core management team for the People Team as well as managing a Learning Administrator.
This is a senior learning role, so you will need to have previous experience in managing all aspects of the learning cycle from needs analysis, to course design and delivery, to evaluation and review. You should also ideally be able to demonstrate that you have solid experience of either leading a learning and development team or delivering an effective learning strategy directly or via partnering with external providers.
You’ll be an experienced, inspiring line manager, with strong coaching and facilitation skills, and used to managing multiple projects as well as proven ability to consult and influence a variety of stakeholders internally and externally, and to build credibility as a trusted learning partner.
Prior experience of developing early talent initiatives, competency development/career frameworks and mentoring programmes will be advantageous as would a recognised qualification in Learning and Development or relevant professional experience in a learning and development role.
What will I be responsible for?
- Implementing our learning and development strategy which supports our business objectives and fulfils all statutory requirements
- Formulating and overseeing the delivery of an annual learning & development plan, managing the budget and ensuring it offers a broad range of blended learning and development opportunities
- Conducting learning needs analysis and best practice research to enable the design and delivery of agreed development programmes which are aligned to meet both organisational and individual needs
- Developing a Team Leader learning path and Management Development programme enhancing the organisation’s people management skills and drive a high performing environment
- Building effective learning evaluation tools to assess impact on learning investments ensuring that evaluations are measure the wider business impact and quality of learning
- Partnering with the People Director to project manage the introduction of a Learning Management System
- Ensuring there are effective learning administration systems in place to deliver a positive learning experience for employees which will help develop a strong learning culture
- Leading on the management of our apprenticeship programme; utilising our levy effectively and develop the relevant support and review processes for apprentices and line managers.
- Develop a Nurse and Care entry/trainee scheme including a Nurse Associate Apprenticeship
- Working collaboratively with the HR team to contribute to employee engagement & retention and other key people programmes
At EACH, we value all our colleagues and offer a comprehensive range of benefits, including generous annual leave, free parking, flexible and hybrid working, pension package (including NHS pension if already contributing), holiday purchase scheme, Life Assurance and an Employee Assistance Programme and strong wellbeing support.
Working for a charity brings unique opportunities and a different working environment. We welcome potential applicants making contact to discuss this post and the benefits that come with working at EACH.
Deadline: 23:59 Friday 17th December 2021
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website.
At EACH we are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity. We actively welcome applications from all sections of the community, from eligible candidates from BAME backgrounds.
EACH is proud to be Investors in People accredited.
No agencies please.