East Grinstead Museum is a unique and valued part of our community, telling the story of the town, and housing the extraordinary archive of surgeon Sir Archibald McIndoe, which attracts visitors from all over the world.
The museum is a charity which, despite its importance to our local heritage, has very limited funding. We, the Trustees and Museum Manager, rely on our large team of dedicated volunteers, who fulfil a wide variety of roles, to ensure the museum stays open.
We are looking for somebody to champion our marketing, helping to tell people about the museum and what we do.
- Identify areas of our programme and communicate them to interested audiences
- Create relevant media to communicate with the public – such as press releases for local newspapers
- Alongside our Social Media Volunteer, help advertise museum activities on our social media platforms and the website.
Duration: Ideally, it would be great if you could do around four hours a week
Attributes for the role:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Creative writing and design abilities
- Enthusiasm for communications and marketing, and a willingness to learn
- Good Organisational Skills
- Able to work as part of a team, and on your own
- A passion for the work of the museum and the ability to enthuse others
What’s in it for you?
- Work in a committed and friendly team
- Make new friends and contacts
- Develop knowledge about East Grinstead and the surrounding areas
- Work with the public and develop communication skills
- Develop transferable skills and improve your CV
Commitment to you:
- Full induction and ongoing training to enable you to carry out your role
- Regular meetings for volunteer updates
- Car parking
- Free refreshments when you are volunteering