About BIG Alliance
BIG Alliance (Businesses for Islington Giving) delivers business-supported employee volunteer programmes to strengthen links between businesses, community organisations and education institutions across Islington. In doing so, it aims to help address issues of poverty and isolation, which are prevalent across the borough, despite the perception of Islington being an area of high wealth. 47.5% of primary school children in Islington live in poverty, the third highest rate in London.
Established in 2012, BIG Alliance aims to make community investment easier, more effective and more rewarding for its business members. It is a partnership between, East London Business Alliance – a registered charity that has been supporting the social and economic regeneration of east London for 30 years, Macquarie Group – principal funder and founder, and Islington Giving - funder and founder. To date, BIG Alliance has placed more than 9,000 business professionals into volunteering opportunities within over 200 community organisations, schools, colleges and universities.
Purpose of the job
The main purpose of the job is to facilitate development and delivery of the BIG Alliance’s skills-based volunteering programme.
The BIG Alliance skills-based volunteering programme utilises the skills, experience and sector-specific expertise of employees within our business partners to support Islington’s community organisations and residents. Over 2,500 employees have been placed as skilled volunteers through BIG Alliance since 2012 providing expertise in law, finance, IT, HR, and marketing and communications to name just a few.
Our skilled volunteers are placed with a community partner or beneficiary either individually or join once of our annual programmes which include: CoRe (Community Resourcing), Board Builders, Leaders in Partnership and Time to Talk.
- Identify and build relationships with a range of community stakeholders, including charities, community groups, social enterprises, education institutions, faith groups etc in east London.
- Assess organisational needs and develop creative corporate volunteering opportunities to meet the needs and build the capacity of community stakeholders.
- Develop relationships and effective partnerships with key stakeholders in the community including the local authority and community infrastructure support organisations to maximise the impact of BIG Alliance’s work.
- Identify corporate volunteering opportunities that can facilitate large-scale participations and/or collaboration for BIG Alliance corporate partners.
- Support the delivery of all business skills activity and the wider BIG Alliance programmes.
- Proactively market volunteering programmes to BIG Alliance corporate partners.
- Source, place and manage cohorts of corporate volunteers in line with business plan and project targets.
- Develop effective working relationships with community affairs team with BIG Alliance corporate partners, ensuring that these companies are supported to develop employee volunteering and other initiatives that meet their targets, priorities and strategies.
- Implement effective evaluation and impact measurement tools in line with BIG Alliance corporate partner requirements, ensuring that evaluation informs best practise to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work on any projects with BIG Alliance, as and when required.
- Develop new employee volunteering initiatives which meet both the needs of the Islington community and the expectations of corporate partners.
- Develop a broad knowledge of regeneration programmes and local authority priorities in Islington.
- Use BIG Alliance’s internal systems to maintain records and report progress, including due diligence and volunteer recording via CRM.
- Ensure that effective project management systems for monitoring and evaluation are in place and keep detailed records.
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required.
- Proactively generate case studies, news articles, photos and social media content to promote the work of BIG Alliance in line with BIG Alliance communication targets and protocols.
- Collaborate with other BIG Alliance colleagues on projects where appropriate and contribute to the development of BIG Alliance/ELBA as an organisation overall.
- Adhere to and implement policies, including equal opportunities and health and safety.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager.
Please note this role is required to have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The successful candidate will be required to comply with ELBA's safeguarding policies and any appointment will be subject to satisfactory references as well as DBS.
For more information on the role, please see attached full job description.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.