ELBA is the leading social regeneration charity in east London. It facilitates corporate investment from over 100 organisations into community programmes across the growth boroughs of Hackney, Greenwich, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest. ELBA also manages an award winning employment and skills programme and in 2014 launched London Works, a not for profit graduate recruitment agency.
With 30 years of experience enabling successful partnerships between businesses and communities, each year ELBA deliver over 10,000 employee volunteers into the community and work with over 200 local organisations to help build their capacity and support their beneficiaries. ELBA also support almost 800 local people into work through its employment and skills programme.
Purpose of the job
ELBA’s Connect Team deliver a range of employee volunteering initiatives which build the capacity of third sector organisations in east London by utilising the professional business skills of volunteers. The Connect Team has three key areas of activity: placing trustees through the BoardBuilders Programme, creating coaching relationships via Leaders in Partnership, and delivering a range of consultancy and capacity building work including facilitating workshops, training sessions and initiatives to benefit east London community organisations. Part of this work also involves providing support for the beneficiaries of community organisations through workshops focused on developing skills and confidence.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting ELBA’s Connect Team to deliver exciting, innovative projects across all areas of work, which meet both the needs of the east London community and the expectations of corporate partners.
- Identify and build relationships with a range of community stakeholders, including charities, community groups, social enterprises, education institutions, faith groups etc in east London.
- Assess organisational needs and develop creative corporate volunteering opportunities to meet the needs and build the capacity of community stakeholders.
- Develop relationships and effective partnerships with key stakeholders in the community including the local authority and community infrastructure support organisations to maximise the impact of ELBA’s work.
- Identify corporate volunteering opportunities that can facilitate large-scale participations and/or collaboration for ELBA corporate partners.
- Support the delivery of all Connect Team activity and the wider Community Works programme.
- Proactively market volunteering programmes to ELBA corporate partners.
- Source, place and manage cohorts of corporate volunteers in line with business plan and project targets.
- Develop effective working relationships with community affairs team with ELBA corporate partners, ensuring that these companies are supported to develop employee volunteering and other initiatives that meet their targets, priorities and strategies.
- Implement effective evaluation and impact measurement tools in line with ELBA corporate partner requirements, ensuring that evaluation informs best practise to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work on any projects with ELBA, as and when required.
- Develop new employee volunteering initiatives which meet both the needs of the east London community and the expectations of corporate partners.
- Work in collaboration with ELBA’s employment team to support corporate volunteering activities which help the beneficiaries of east London community organisations to develop employability skills.
- Work closely with Challenge ELBA team to source team challenge opportunities.
- Develop a broad knowledge of regeneration programmes and local authority priorities in east London.
- Use ELBA internal systems to maintain records and report progress, including due diligence and volunteer recording via CRM.
- Ensure that effective project management systems for monitoring and evaluation are in place and keep detailed records.
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required.
- Proactively generate case studies, news articles, photos and social media content to promote the work of ELBA in line with ELBA communication targets and protocols.
- Collaborate with other ELBA colleagues on projects where appropriate and contribute to the development of ELBA as an organisation overall.
- Adhere to and implement policies, including equal opportunities and health and safety.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager.
Please note this role is required to have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The successful candidate will be required to comply with ELBA's safeguarding policies and any appointment will be subject to satisfactory references as well as DBS.
We are looking to recruit two candidates for this position, one role fixed term to cover maternity arrangements up to 12 months and one role fixed term for six months.
For more information on the role, please see attached full job description and visit our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.