EASST is an independent UK-registered charity whose mission is to save lives and prevent injuries by making road transport safer, greener and more sustainable for future generations. We operate as a regional partnership of local road safety NGOs aiming to reduce road casualties and promote sustainable transport choices. Our network currently spans 15 countries across Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, Central Asia and South-East Europe.
Working closely with the Admin Support Officer and reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day administration, finance, office management and HR for EASST and our trading subsidiary, EASST Expertise Ltd.
The successful candidate will have opportunity to innovate and develop internal operational systems to support the effective and efficient running of the charity.
Work closely with the Executive Director and Admin Support Officer to:
- Organise quarterly Board of Trustee meetings – collating and issuing Board agendas and papers, arranging meeting logistics, taking minutes, etc.
- Organise regular staff meetings – collating and issuing meeting agenda, arranging meeting logistics, taking minutes, etc.
- Provide admin support for quarterly All-EASST partners meetings and other ad hoc events (in collaboration with other EASST staff).
- Manage and maintain internal shared drives, mailing lists & EASST records.
- Provide day-to-day administration as required – diary management, drafting letters, ordering supplies, requesting documents, etc.
- Issue and renew consultant/freelancer contracts as needed.
- Monitor and review donor/supplier contracts as needed.
- Handle other related administrative tasks as they arise.
Work closely with the Executive Director, EASST accountants, and Admin Support Officer to:
- Set, monitor, and update (as necessary) EASST’s annual budget.
- Manage internal financial systems for EASST and EASST Expertise (inc. bookkeeping) and advising staff on financial procedures.
- Manage EASST and EASST Expertise bank accounts inc. processing payments and donations.
- Review and process staff and other expense claims.
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns for EASST Expertise.
- Manage EASST and EASST Expertise invoicing (in collaboration with other EASST staff).
- Contributing to the preparation of the annual accounts and ensure compliance with regulators such as the Charity Commission and the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Manage the EASST partner grants process including all due diligence, issuance of grant agreements, and review of grantee financial reports (in collaboration with other EASST staff).
- Support EASST staff to prepare project-specific financial reports for donors as needed.
- Act as the primary point of contact between EASST and EASST accountants.
Office management and HR
- Ensure all relevant insurance policies are in place and up to date.
- Conduct annual compliance review EASST’s Anti-Bribery and Corruption policy
- Develop, monitor and review EASST’s policies and procedures on a regular basis.
- Update EASST’s annual organisational risk assessment and monitor compliance.
- Prepare information for payroll and process related payments.
- Maintain records of all staff annual leave, TOIL, other absences from the office, sickness leave.
- Coordinate recruitment, induction and exit processes for staff, trustees and volunteers.
- Maintain staff training log and ensure staff training on safeguarding, health and safety, cyber security etc. are all up to date.
- Minimum 3 years related work experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy skills and experience of budget management at an organisational and project level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised, self-motivated, reliable, and able to take initiative
- Good IT skills, including effective use of all MS Office software
- Able to manage a varied workload, balancing scheduled tasks with requests for assistance from the team, which may have short deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work proactively as a member of a small, busy team
- Experience of using financial software, in particular Xero accounting software
- Experience in managing events and conferences
- Experience of working in the charity/voluntary sector, including an understanding of the regulatory and governance requirements of UK charities
- Ability to understand and implement technical elements of contracts and legal agreements
Please submit a cover letter and CV highlighting relevant experience and motivation.
Deadline for applications: 16 May 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.