PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A BRAND-NEW ROLE AT EASTSIDE YOUTH! WE REQUIRE SOMEONE WHO CAN TAKE UP THE CHALLENGE AND GET STARTED IMMEDIATELY!!!
4-8 hours per week with lots of flexibility to fit around your time, including daytime, evenings and weekends and some home-based volunteering.
Eastside Youth is a new grassroots youth charity taking a fresh approach to working with young people by providing interactive, fun and engaging activities and programmes while also providing the much needed support to the varied and diverse youth communities of East London, where we aim to ensure that Youth Work really does change young people’s lives, helping young people become confident, informed and empowered to be proud of who they are as unique individuals and in providing transformative youth work that helps change young lives for the better.
Eastside Youth has some brand-new and very exciting opportunities coming soon and we are expanding rapidly with a new base, new projects across East London and new partnerships in the pipeline as the demand and need for our work is ever increasing, but we can’t meet this demand and achieve our goals of filling gaps in service provision without your time, help and support.
We have an exciting and amazing brand new volunteering opportunity for someone who is interested in taking up the challenge of being our first ever Administrator, where you will lead on the day to day administrative duties of Eastside Youth from dealing with correspondence, including emails, meeting and greeting young people and visitors, taking notes and typing minutes and reports, supporting the CEO and the team with admin support and other administrative duties.
We are looking for someone with passion for admin, organising, logistics and/or facilities management, as well as volunteering with a youth charity, confident and solution focused, who is self-motivated, able to manage their own time and workloads, is hands on and able to get things done, while being very organised with excellent communication and presentation skills. We are also looking for someone with previous experience within an admin type role, as we will require you to be able to get stuck into the role right away.
- Approx. 4-8 hours per week (based at our office, with some home volunteering and you will also be required to occasionally travel across East London to our projects when required).
- This role is flexible and can be done during the day, evenings and/or weekends, (however you will be required to attend occasional meetings, training and projects, as well as admin duties during the occasional evening).
Eastside Youth Offers:
- A chance to join a passionate and driven team, who put young people at the heart of what we do.
- A chance to expand your horizons in a rapidly growing youth work charity, with opportunities for promotion or side stepping into other available roles within Eastside Youth.
- A chance to make a difference to the lives of young people and the team that will make a huge impact.
- Access to training and development opportunities.
- Able to influence and shape a constantly changing and growing charity, seeing it grow from strength to strength.
- A reference for any future employer or educational institution.
- Being a part of a fun, interactive, challenging and inspirational charity that puts young people at the heart of everything it does.
Interested in joining our amazing team? Then why not send us your CV and we will get in touch with further info and a short application form for you to complete the process.
Due to the nature of this voluntary role you will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS Police Check before starting the voluntary position and this will be done through Eastside Youth if you do not currently hold a DBS.
Follow us on Twitter/ Instagram or Like us on Facebook: @EastsideYP
Eastside Youth is a Registered Charity in England and Wales No: 1176371
Contact us and see how #YouthWorkChangesLives at Eastside Youth