Experience Eastside Youth
Eastside Youth is a new youth work charity taking a fresh approach to youth work and providing support to the varied and diverse youth communities of East London, where we aim to ensure that Youth Work really does change young peoples lives, helping young people become confident, informed and empowered to be proud of who they are as unique individuals and in providing transformative youth work that helps change lives for the better.
Eastside Youth has some brand-new exciting opportunities coming soon and we are expanding rapidly with a new base, new projects across East London and new partnerships in the pipeline as the demand for our work is ever increasing, but we can’t meet this need without your support.
We have an exciting and amazing volunteering opportunity for someone who is interested in taking up the challenge of being our Chair of the Board of Trustees, where you will lead, motivate and steer the Board, working closely with our Founder and CEO to support him in ensuring Eastside Youth is an amazing youth work charity across East London.
We are looking for someone with passion for working with young people and a youth work charity, confident and solution focused, who is self-motivated, able to manage their own workloads and is hands on and able to get things done, while being very organised with excellent communication and presentation skills. We are also looking for someone with previous experience of being a Trustee or working within charities with a good understanding for charity management, and how very small charities work.
- Approx. 6-8 hours per month (based at our office, with some home working and you will also be required to occasionally travel across East London to our projects when required).
- This role requires you to attend during evenings as our meetings and activities take place weekday evenings between 6:30pm to 9pm.
Eastside Youth Offers:
- A chance to join a passionate and driven team, who put young people at the heart of what we do.
- A chance to expand your horizons in a rapidly growing youth work charity.
- A chance to make a difference to the lives of young people and the team that will make a huge impact.
- Access to training and development opportunities.
- Able to influence and shape a constantly changing and growing charity, seeing it grow from strength to strength.
- A reference for any future employer or educational institution.
- Being a part of a fun, interactive, challenging and inspirational charity that puts young people at the heart of everything it does.
Interested in joining our amazing team? Then why not send us your CV and we will get in touch with further info and a short application form for you to complete the process.
Due to the nature of this voluntary role you will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS Police Check before starting the voluntary position and this will be done through Eastside Youth if you do not currently hold a DBS.
Follow us on Twitter/ Instagram or Like us on Facebook: @EastsideYP
Eastside Youth is a Registered Charity in England and Wales No: 1176371
Contact us and see how #YouthWorkChangesLives at Eastside Youth