Eastside Youth is a new grassroots youth charity taking a fresh approach to working with young people by providing interactive, fun and engaging activities and programmes while also providing the much needed support to the varied and diverse youth communities of East London, where we aim to ensure that Youth Work really does change young people’s lives, helping young people become confident, informed and empowered to be proud of who they are as unique individuals and in providing transformative youth work that helps change young lives for the better.
Eastside Youth has some brand-new and very exciting opportunities in 2020 and we are expanding rapidly with a new base, new projects across East London and new partnerships in the pipeline as the demand and need for our work is ever increasing, in filling gaps in service provision where Government cuts have left young people with a lack of opportunties.
We have an exciting and amazing volunteering opportunity for someone who is interested in taking up the challenge of being our NEW Chair of the Board of Trustees, where you will lead, motivate and steer the Board, working very closely with our Founder and CEO to support him in ensuring Eastside Youth is an amazing youth charity across East London, ensuring our continued success, growth and good reputation.
We are looking for someone with passion for leadership and charity development, as well as the values, vision and cause of Eastside Youth, but who is also confident and solution focused, who is self-motivated, able to manage their own workloads and that of the wider board, who is hands on and able to get things done, while being very organised with excellent communication and presentation skills. We are also looking for someone with previous experience of being a Trustee or working within charities with a good understanding of charity management, and how very small charities work. We are also looking for someone with previous leadership/management experience, who has the ability to really help Eastside Youth make a huge success and a big difference to the lives of young people across East London.
- Approx. 6-8 hours per month, with great flexibility including home-based working except for regular Board Meetings and Charity Development Meetings and you will also be required to occasionally travel across East London to our projects and for networking and other charity based needs and activities as and when required).
- You will be motivating, empowering and leading a team of Trustees, so knowing how to get the best out of people is a much needed skill.
- You will be supporting the Founder and CEO in his role to make the charity a better one, so having a good working and positive relationship will also be essential.
Eastside Youth Offers:
- A chance to join a passionate and driven team, who put young people at the heart of what we do.
- A chance to expand your horizons in a rapidly growing youth work charity.
- A chance to make a difference to the lives of young people and the team that will make a huge impact.
- Access to training and development opportunities.
- Able to influence and shape a constantly changing and growing charity, seeing it grow from strength to strength.
- A reference for any future employer or educational institution.
- Being a part of a fun, interactive, challenging and inspirational charity that puts young people at the heart of everything it does.
Interested in joining our amazing team? Then why not send us your CV and we will get in touch with further info and a short application form for you to complete the process.
Due to the nature of this voluntary role you will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS Police Check before starting the voluntary position and this will be done through Eastside Youth if you do not currently hold a DBS.
Follow us on Twitter/ Instagram or Like us on Facebook: @EastsideYP
Eastside Youth is a Registered Charity in England and Wales No: 1176371
Contact us and see how #YouthWorkChangesLives at Eastside Youth
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.