Experience Eastside Youth
Government cuts have be killing off youth work in London since 2010 with over 104 statutory centres being closed down and 562 youth worker jobs being lost and that’s not including the closures of charities and community projects who were reliant on that funding as well, where East London has been taking the hardest hits and often the dreams of young people going with it, leaving young people often with no-where to turn and the increase of anti-social behaviour, crime and also young people’s mental health on the increase, including self-harm and suicide.
It is also estimated that this financial year (2019/20) alone, another huge £1m cuts are being issued by the Government.
Eastside Youth is a new grassroots youth work charity taking a fresh approach to youth work and providing support to the varied and diverse youth communities of East London, where we aim to ensure that Youth Work really does change young people’s lives, helping young people become confident, informed and empowered to be proud of who they are as unique individuals and in providing transformative youth work that helps change lives for the better.
Eastside Youth has some brand-new exciting opportunities coming soon and we are expanding rapidly with a new base, new projects across East London and new partnerships in the pipeline as the demand for our work is ever increasing, but we can’t meet this need and achieve our goals of filling gaps in service provision without your support.
We have an exciting and amazing brand new volunteering opportunity for someone who is interested in taking up the challenge of being our HR Assistant, where you will lead on the recruitment, induction and selection of new volunteers, facilitate induction sessions and short training to volunteers and help us set up of HR systems and look after day to day HR aspects at Eastside Youth working closely with our Founder and CEO, Youth Team Manager and the wider team in ensuring we are an amazing charity for young people in East London.
We are looking for someone with passion for HR/Volunteer Management, as well as volunteering with a youth charity, confident and solution focused, who is self-motivated, able to manage their own workloads and is hands on and able to get things done, while being very organised with excellent communication and presentation skills. We are also looking for someone with previous UK based HR experience.
- Approx. 6-10 hours per week (based at our office, with some home working and you will also be required to occasionally travel across East London to our projects when required).
- This role is flexible and can be done during the day, evenings and/or weekends, (however you will be required to attend regular evenings to attend meetings, training and projects, as well as facilitate interviews and inductions).
Eastside Youth Offers:
- A chance to join a passionate and driven team, who put young people at the heart of what we do.
- A chance to expand your horizons in a rapidly growing youth work charity, with opportunities for promotion or side stepping into other available roles within Eastside Youth.
- A chance to make a difference to the lives of young people and the team that will make a huge impact.
- Access to training and development opportunities.
- Able to influence and shape a constantly changing and growing charity, seeing it grow from strength to strength.
- A reference for any future employer or educational institution.
- Being a part of a fun, interactive, challenging and inspirational charity that puts young people at the heart of everything it does.
Interested in joining our amazing team? Then why not send us your CV and we will get in touch with further info and a short application form for you to complete the process.
Due to the nature of this voluntary role you will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS Police Check before starting the voluntary position and this will be done through Eastside Youth if you do not currently hold a DBS.
Follow us on Twitter/ Instagram or Like us on Facebook: @EastsideYP
Eastside Youth is a Registered Charity in England and Wales No: 1176371
Contact us and see how #YouthWorkChangesLives at Eastside Youth