PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A BRAND NEW ROLE!!! WE REQUIRE SOMEONE WHO CAN TAKE UP THE CHALLENGE AND GET STARTED IMMEDIATELY!!!
8-10 hours per month. This volunteer opportunity is based in Tower Hamlets E2 on the last Thursday evening 6-9pm of the month.
Eastside Youth is a new grassroots youth charity taking a fresh approach to working with young people by providing interactive, fun and engaging activities and programmes while also providing the much needed support to the varied and diverse youth communities of East London, where we aim to ensure that Youth Work really does change young people’s lives, helping young people become confident, informed and empowered to be proud of who they are as unique individuals and in providing transformative youth work that helps change young lives for the better.
One of our youth projects is Colours an LGBT+ Youth Group in Tower Hamlets (E2) for 16-25 year-old young people who identify as LGBT+ and is held on the LAST Thursday evening of each month from 6-9pm, with occasional weekend activities and trips throughout the year such as Tower Hamlets and London Pride.
We have an exciting and amazing volunteering opportunity for someone who is interested in taking up the challenge of being our first ever Lead Youth Worker for our Colours LGBT+ Youth Group, where you will lead in planning, organising and facilitating activities and sessions for young LGBT+ people, provide 1-2-1 support and also promote the health and wellbeing our young people attending, ensuring we empower young people to be proud unique individuals. You will also get out in the community to promote and engage young people into the group and making professional and lasting relationships and partnerships to enhance the offering we provide for young people.
We are looking for someone with passion for working with young people and youth work, confident and solution focused, who is self-motivated, able to turn up on time and is hands on and able to get things done, with a good can do attitude, while being very organised with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Approx. 8-10 hours per month (based in Tower Hamlets on the LAST Thursday evening of each month from 6-9pm) and you will also be required to occasionally travel across East London for meetings, training and weekend activities and trips when required throughout the year).
Eastside Youth Offers:
- A chance to join a passionate and driven team, who put young people at the heart of what we do.
- A chance to expand your horizons in a rapidly growing youth work charity, with opportunities for promotion or side stepping into other available roles within Eastside Youth.
- A chance to make a difference to the lives of young people and the team that will make a huge impact.
- Access to training and development opportunities.
- Able to influence and shape a constantly changing and growing charity, seeing it grow from strength to strength.
- A reference for any future employer or educational institution.
- Being a part of a fun, interactive, challenging and inspirational charity that puts young people at the heart of everything it does.
Interested in joining our amazing team? Then why not send us your CV and we will get in touch with further info and a short application form for you to complete the process.
Due to the nature of this voluntary role you will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS Police Check before starting the voluntary position and this will be done through Eastside Youth if you do not currently hold a DBS.
Follow us on Twitter/ Instagram or Like us on Facebook: @EastsideYP
Eastside Youth is a Registered Charity in England and Wales No: 1176371
Contact us and see how #YouthWorkChangesLives at Eastside Youth
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.