- Are you 16-25 years old?
- Can you spare a few hours per month to volunteer for a new youth work charity that aims to help young people across East London by providing positive youth services?
- Can you help us create an amazing youth work charity for all young people?
Eastside Youth is a new youth work charity taking a fresh approach to youth work and providing support to the varied and diverse youth communities of East London, where we aim to ensure that Youth Work really does change young peoples lives, helping young people become confident, informed and empowered to be proud of who they are as unique individuals and in providing transformative youth work that helps change lives for the better.
Eastside Youth has some brand-new exciting opportunities coming soon and we are expanding rapidly with a new base, new projects across East London and new partnerships in the pipeline as the demand for our work is ever increasing, but we can’t meet this need without your support.
Our youth work aims to give young people aged between 11 and 25 years old the tools and skills to lead active and independent lives by providing interactive and engaging structured youth activities, training opportunities and support that will help improve their physical, mental, emotional, social and educational well-being.
Young people have already helped us from designing our logo and publicity, to leading on recruitment, made decisions about our programmes and where they feel we should be heading, lead events and run groups and made key decisions working closely with our Trustees. Now we are looking for new young people to join us in our next phase of development as we expand our services and increase the number of young people we work with.
Are you that young person, ready to join our Youth Ambassadors? Where you will attend monthly meetings, give your ideas, suggestions and feedback, help us set up and organise activities and projects for young people to attend, help us fundraise, help us promote the charity and increase awareness to reach out to other young people, recruit volunteers, attend internal and external meetings and events, create a film about Eastside Youth and the young people we help and most importantly to help us grow the charity so that we are one of the best youth work charities in the world.
You will be the voice of young people and have lots of input and say in the charity including working with our fantastic Founder and CEO and Board of Trustees, as well as our passionate Team to make a fantastic youth work organisation where young people have ownership of Eastside Youth.
We need young people who;
- Can attend monthly meetings usually held in Bethnal Green or Whitechapel, one evening a month between 6pm and 9pm, or a weekend daytime and is willing to put in the time, actively taking part.
- Turns up to every meeting and on time.
- Are willing to help us create an amazing youth work charity for young people.
- Are confident to speak about their ideas, suggestions and able to promote our new charity to others.
- Wants to help us make a difference to the lives of young people.
Benefits of volunteering with us include but not limited to;
- An opportunity to really help shape our new charity.
- On the job experience that looks great on your CV.
- Experience of working within a charitable and youth organisation.
- Making a huge difference to volunteer and young people’s lives.
- Training to help you grow and develop in the role and for your future.
- Reference for future employers or educational courses.
- A chance to build and shape the culture of our organisation.
- So much more than just a volunteer role.
To apply for this volunteer role, you will need to be aged 16-25 years old. Please email us your CV (if you have one) and we will get in touch with further info.
Follow us on Twitter or Instagram or Like us on Facebook: @EastsideYP
Eastside Youth is a Registered Charity in England and Wales No: 1176371
Contact us and see how #YouthWorkChangesLives at Eastside Youth