Eastside Youth is a new but fun and exciting youth work charity with a close knit and passionate team that really care about developing young people and enhancing their lives. Our mantra is #YouthWorkChangesLives and we really believe that our aim is to create active and empowered young people who are ready to change their world and the world around them.
Founded in January 2017 by Scott Robb, our East London based charity was set up in response to the massive and severe funding cuts and closures of youth services across East London, leaving young people with a lack of services and feeling isolated in a time where young people already feel segregated from society with no real voice.
Our youth work aims to give young people aged between 11 and 25 years old the tools and skills to lead active and independent lives by providing interactive and engaging structured youth activities, training opportunities and support that will help improve their physical, mental, emotional, social and educational well-being.
We are expanding fast and the demand for our work is ever increasing but we need to meet the needs of young people across East London. We have some amazing partnerships and some fantastic opportunities that we want to take up but we can’t do this alone and therefore we are seeking an amazing volunteer who is self-motivated, passionate and who’s actions speak louder than their words to join our existing amazing team and help us move things forward.
Due to our expansion plans and the demands for our services, we want to add another manager into the charity to support us in our development, we have created this new role of Youth Charity Manager to join the Leadership Team and to assist in the overall management of Eastside Youth, working closely with our Founder and CEO. This includes getting involved in all operational areas and assisting in the smooth running of the charity.
You will be required to volunteer for approx. 6-10 hours per week (flexible including daytimes, evenings and weekends). This is flexibile and you will be mainly managing your own workload and time, and showing what an asset and impact you can make.
Who We Are Looking For?
- Passionate, confident and solution focused.
- Self-motivated, hands on and gets things done on time.
- Organised with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of working with young people is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of operational or project management is essential as this will be the majority of your role within the charity.
- A youth work qualification or other related qualification to the role or charity is also desirable but not essential.
- Experience of managing or supervising/leading staff/volunteers is essential.
- Excellent time management and punctuality.
- Approachable, great with people and able to have fun.
- Good command of the English language and with a good eye and attention for detail.
Eastside Youth Offers:
- A chance to join a passionate and driven team.
- A chance to expand your horizons in a rapidly growing youth work charity, with opportunities for promotion or side stepping into other available roles within Eastside Youth.
- A chance to make a difference to the lives of young people and the team that will make a huge impact.
- Access to training and development opportunities.
- Able to influence and shape a constantly changing and growing charity, seeing it grow from strength to strength.
- A reference for any future employer or educational institution.
- Being part of a fun, interactive, challenging and inspirational charity that puts young people at the heart of everything it does and transforms lives.
Interested in joining our amazing team? Then why not send us your CV and we will get in touch with further info and a short application form for you to complete the process.
Due to the nature of this voluntary role you will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS Police Check before starting the voluntary position and this will be done through Eastside Youth if you do not currently hold a DBS.
Follow us on Twitter/Like us on Facebook: @EastsideYP
Eastside Youth is a Registered Charity in England and Wales No: 1176371
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.