About Eastside Youth:
Here at Eastside Youth we are passionate about youth work and working with young people aged between 11 and 25 years old from the communities of East London to reach their full potential. We aim to help young people feel valued, confident and included through young person-centred structured youth activities which are fun, engaging and empowering.
We are a new youth work charity who aim to give a voice to the voiceless, encourage confidence and provide new opportunities and experiences by equipping young people with the necessary tools, skills and training to make positive change and difference to their lives and have a wider positive impact on the community.
We have an exciting new opportunity to join Eastside Youth and to become a Volunteer Youth Worker to help with various activities and projects as we are expanding in 2020!!!
What Would I Be Doing?
- Providing transformative youth work that helps change young lives for the better.
- Supporting various youth activities and projects, as well as supporting in areas of fundraising, promoting the charity in the communities.
- Helping to build positive and long-lasting relationships, empowering young people to develop life and social skills through structured activities, training and support.
- Enhancing young peoples physical, mental, emotional, social and educational wellbeing by befriending and providing help, guidance, advice and support.
- Help run sessions or do some of the behind the scenes work that help Eastside Youth function and be an effective youth charity.
What Is Eastside Youth Looking For?
- Passionate about working with young people and changing young lives.
- Is willing to put young people at the heart of everything we do and provide a safe and welcoming space for them.
- Non-Judgemental and possess skills to encourage and motivate young people.
- Able to use initiative to overcome problems and challenging situations.
- Willing to volunteer a minimum of 6 months and be available for scheduled meetings and training.
- Willing to help us grow the charity so that we are one of the best youth work charities in the world for young people.
What Are The Benefits Volunteering With Eastside Youth?
- The opportunity to influence the lives of young people and make a positive difference.
- It’s a chance to give back to the local community and help others.
- Personal Development opportunities, training and learning new skills, including promotion, or side stepping into other roles.
- Gain experience working with a diverse cohort of young people.
- A credible reference to enhance your CV and future career prospects.
- Learn new skills, meet new people, make friends and have fun.
- Being part of a reputable growing and truly inspirational youth charity.
Sounds Great! How Do I Sign Up?
To apply, email us for a short Application Form.
Please Note: Successful applicant will be invited for a Recruitment Evening on Thursday 12th December 2019 starting at 7pm and finishing at 9pm and you will need to be able to attend the full session.
Due to the nature of this voluntary role you will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS (Police Check) before commencing your voluntary position. This is done through Eastside Youth, if you do not currently hold a DBS.
We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Get in touch today! Contact Us! Change Young Lives!
Eastside Youth is a Registered Charity in England and Wales No: 1176371