They are looking for a Communications Officer to work closely with the Communications Manager and with colleagues in the Fundraising and Programmes teams. You will also be in regular contact with Communications colleagues in other offices in Europe, North America, and Africa.
This is a new position, meaning that the successful applicant can really make it their own.
Communications Officer Responsibilities:
- Work with the Communications Manager to develop and deliver UK’s social media strategy.
- Manage our client’s Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts, with the support and input of the Communications Manager.
- Create engaging content that’s tailored to a range of audiences.
- Write compelling copy for the website and social media, complying with Amref UK’s editorial standards.
- With the support of the Communications Manager, ensure the website is regularly updated. You will be responsible for consistency and quality control.
Communications Officer Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications / marketing or a related subject, or equivalent professional experience in communications / marketing.
- Strong writing and editing skills; excellent attention to detail; experience of writing for the web.
- Experience of social media and community management, and of adapting a message to different audiences.
- Experience of website management.
- A sound understanding of the principles of SEO, and the ability to apply them.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Google AdWords.
About our client:
Our client’s leading health charity. They work with women and girls to secure the right to health and break the cycle of poverty. Headquartered in Nairobi, they are a truly African organisation, partnering with communities in 35 countries to create lasting change.
Our client is one of eleven offices in Europe and North America. Their team of 18 is composed of Programmes, Fundraising and Communications, and Finance and Administration functions. They manage a portfolio of innovative health programmes funded by a range of donors including institutions, corporates, trusts and foundations, and individual supporters. Their programmes address four crucial and complementary themes: Maternal, New-born and Child Health; Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights; Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH); and Health Worker Training. As the world strives to meet the Sustainable Development Goal of Universal Health Coverage by 2030, our client is committed to removing the barriers that impede access to healthcare - ensuring that no-one is left behind.
Our client champions inclusion, diversity and equal opportunity in every aspect of their work. They appoint their staff on merit, respecting and valuing the wide range of ways in which they are able to demonstrate the potential, experience and skills they seek.
Location: The Angel, London N1 9PD
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Benefits: They offer an attractive and competitive salary, a commitment to employee development, high levels of engagement and involvement, time off in lieu (TOIL) for work outside of standard hours, flexible working opportunities, travel to their projects in Africa and other offices in Europe as appropriate, generous pension scheme, holiday allowance (25 days + bank holidays + 3 additional days at Christmas), season ticket loans, cycle-to-work scheme.
You may have experience of the following: Communications Officer, Media Manager, PR, Public Relations, Public Relations Officer, Animal Welfare, Communications Manager, Marketing Communications, Campaign Manager, Project Management, Charity, Third Sector, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, etc.