Community Engagement Officer
To help our client create amazing partnerships, they need amazing people and they have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, organised and enthusiastic Community Engagement Officer to maximise income and awareness, proactively drive opportunities in communities across the region and ensure their excellent standards of donor care are adhered to.
This role plays an important part in implementing their community fundraising strategy, as well as identifying key areas to increase income and drive growth. This post is responsible for all aspects of community engagement; including developing and managing Community Support Groups and Community Champions and volunteers, promoting national challenges and campaigns, and nurturing relationships to develop into potential Charity partners.
Community Engagement Officer Responsibilities:
- Maximising income and awareness from community fundraising activity across the region developing and managing Community Support Groups, Community Champions and volunteers representing the Charity.
- Proactively driving opportunities in communities across the region to generate income and awareness.
- Maximising the potential of each community event to provide new contacts and increase the number of new donors to the Charity.
- Maximising income from individual / corporate participation in events and challenges.
- Exploring opportunities for new fundraising events and initiatives.
- Building strong relationships with those volunteers raising funds for them in the community, identifying ways to build and maintain their loyalty.
Community Engagement Officer Requirements:
- Significant experience in a community fundraising / engagement role.
- Demonstrable experience of developing successful and innovative fundraising events and marketing.
- Significant experience and proven success in raising income and support from a diverse range of funding streams.
You will be a first-class communicator with the ability to communicate our client’s vision and plans to a range of audiences. You will also have knowledge of Institute of Fundraising guidelines and legislation, along with the ability to manage a varied workload and take initiative to prioritise.
About our client:
If you are looking for an inspirational challenge, join their amazing assistance dog charity and contribute to their life changing work. Their mission is to transform the lives of adults with physical disabilities through partnership with their specially trained assistance dogs.
They are a disability confident committed employer and welcome diversity, promote equality and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Location: Osgathorpe, Leicestershire LE12 9SR
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £22,683 to £24,101 depending on experience
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Annual Leave, wide range of discounts at high street shops
Closing date for applications: Midnight 1st March, 2020
1st Interview: 17 March & 18 March 2020
2nd Interview: 26 March 2020
You may have experience of the following: Community Engagement Officer, Community Fundraising Executive, Community Fundraising Officer, Community Fundraising, Fundraising, Fundraiser, Fundraising Manager, Senior Fundraising Officer, Senior Fundraising Executive, Business Development Manager, etc.