Director of Operations
Our client is looking for a Director of Operations to join them, who will be known for exceptional leadership, thinking, governance and evaluation, and be the valued and trusted partner of our client's key stakeholders.
Director of Operations Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the charity’s overall budget and ensure that our client is financially sustainable. Ensures effective allocation and use of resources to achieve best value for money.
- Lead to ensure that our client is known as best in class for governance. Monitor and evaluate organisational practice, ensure compliance, challenge underperformance and provide appropriate intervention and support strategies when needed.
- Translate the client's vision into agreed objectives and operational plans which promote and sustain their work.
- Embed a high performing management system in the organisation and take responsibility to deliver against targets and expectations of partners and funders.
- Create the conditions for digital transformation in the sector.
Director of Operations Requirements:
- Educated to degree standard.
- Track record of leading teams or organisations and taking responsibility for all personnel and business development issues.
- Strong business acumen and experience in working with multiple funding partners and organisations at Board level.
- Strong understanding of profit and loss, cash flow and balance sheets.
- Experience of working with senior decision makers and leaders from a number of sectors.
- Experience of working in partnership with other organisations and individuals.
About Our Client:
Our client is a multi-award-winning charity. They are passionate about making Greater Manchester the most active region in England.
They are one of the leading Active Partnerships in the country tasked by Sport England to support the delivery of the Government’s strategy for sport and physical activity, ‘Sporting Future’. This strategy outlines the outcomes that define why the government invest in physical activity and sport and by which organisations like our client's measure impact: 1. Physical Wellbeing 2. Mental Wellbeing 3. Individual development 4. Social and community development, 5. Economic development.
Location: Manchester, M11 3FF
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 37 hours per week
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Benefits: Health plan, Local Government Pension, Volunteer Days, Flexible working and training allowance
Closing Date: 29th November 2019 (5pm)
Interviews to take place: 11th December 2019
Please apply for this role with an up to date CV and a personal statement outlining why you think you are right for this role.
You may have experience of the following: Head of Operations, Operations Manager, Service Delivery, Operational Management, Service Manager, Head of Service Delivery, Operations Director, etc.