Dog Behaviourist (Aftercare)
You will be part of our clients busy Aftercare team, providing training and support to their partners in their home once they have been matched with their Canine Partners. You’ll give on-going help to every partnership, ensuring they are long-lasting, happy and healthy. Each partnership receives a minimum of 9 visits in the first year and at least 2 visits annually, until the dog retires.
Dog Behaviourist (Aftercare) Responsibilities:
- Travel throughout the Mid-West visiting partners, some overnight stays may be required.
- Providing a schedule of aftercare visits, training and support for partners in and around their homes.
- Compile reports following visits.
- Help set consistent routines and training in the early days of partnership.
- Assist with any training or behaviour issues that may arise, using positive dog training methods (including training or improving task work).
- Monitor the dog’s health and well-being, helping the partner manage the dog's health routine.
Dog Behaviourist (Aftercare) Requirements:
- Ideally you will have experience of training dogs using positive reward based methods and will have empathy for a wide range of people, including those with a disability.
- Effective record keeping, ICT and report writing skills.
- Ideally you will have an knowldge of human medical conditions as they relate to Canine Partnerships and experience of providing training to others, along with a positive attitude, flexibility and initiative.
The role is based from their Midlands Centre (Osgathorpe) to travel to the surrounding counties including: West Midlands, Worcestershire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Yorkshire, Cheshire, Shropshire, Isle of Man and Oxfordshire.
About our client:
Their mission is to transform the lives of adults with physical disabilities through partnership with their specially trained assistance dogs.
To help them create these amazing partnerships, they need amazing people. They now have an exciting opportunity for an Aftercare Instructor to join their aftercare team. You’ll be working directly with their clients (partners) who have been partnered with a dog, helping them with the on-going training of their dog. Using positive training methods, you will give advice on behavioural and training issues.
Location: Osgathorpe, Leicestershire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,065 - £25,082 per annum
Benefits: They offer a comprehensive benefits package including a generous annual leave allowance, access to an employee assistance programme, well-being portal and discounts on goods and retail vouchers and cash back on purchases from eating out, entertainment, supermarkets, clothing and travel. Pension Scheme, Annual Leave, wide range of discounts at high street shops.
Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 27 October 2019
1st Interview: 11 November 2019
2nd Interview: 26 November 2019
All interviews will take place at their Midlands Training Centre in Osgathorpe, Leicestershire.
You may have experience of the following: Behaviourist, Dog Trainer, Puppy Trainer, Behavioural Consultant, Dog Behaviourist, Assistance Dog Trainer, Animal Trainer, etc.